BREAD PAKORA (WITHOUT STUFFING)
Easy Bread pakora recipe
A quick bread snack also is known as bread pakora, a tea time snack and a popular street food of INDIA mainly in Mumbai. One gets to see these even in the tiffin centers and restaurants across INDIA.
Bread Pakoras are made in two ways, either filled with potatoes or without potato fillings. If they are filled with potatoes, they become very big in size, that’s why we are preparing them without the potato filling. Let’s prepare the Bread Pakora.
• Bread Slices – 4
• Gram Flour – 1cup
• Salt as per taste of individuals
• Red Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
• Cooking Soda – 1pinch
• Turmeric Powder – 1pinch
• Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
• Oil to fry
• Ginger Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
How to make Bread Pakora:
1. Filter the gram flour and take fine gram flour out in a blow.
2. Add salt as per taste.
3. Now add turmeric powder (1pinch), red chili powder (½ teaspoon), coriander powder (1 teaspoon), and cooking soda (1 pinch).
4. Finally, add ginger garlic paste (½ teaspoon).
5. Mix it well.
6. Add water and make a paste which is neither too thick nor too thin and ensures that no lumps either.
7. The consistency must be similar to the bajji batter.
8. Now put oil in the frying pan and heat it.
9. Cut the bread slices into your favorite shape either square or triangle.
10. You have to gently lift the bread and dip the bread in gram flour paste or batter
11. Make sure it is coated on two sides as well, hold towards the 2 edges and lift them from the batter.
12. Gently wipe the excess batter.
13. Drop it in the hot oil.
14. At one time fry 2 or 3 bread pieces. While turning them.
15. Fry them on medium flame till the bread pakoras turn into lite golden color on both sides by flipping.
16. Spread a napkin paper on the plate.
17. Use drainer for taking out the bread pakoras from the frying pan.
18. Take out the bread pakora from the pan and put it in the plate.
19. Like this prepare all the remaining bread pakoras.
Your delicious bread pakora is ready now.
Serve and eat them along with Green chutney or Tomato sauce.
Green Chutney recipe:
Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
Mint Leaves -½ Cup
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Green chilies – 3
Ginger – ¼ inch
Garlic cloves – 2(medium size)
Lemon juice as needed
How to Make:
Blend all the ingredients together with 2 table spoons of water and add lemon juice (extract seeds) and mix, ready to serve.