How To Make Poha Pakoda
Poha is also called s Attukulu, this poha pakoda can be served as morning breakfast or as tea time snack. Hot pakoda recipe is made with Poha mixed with potato, capsicum, carrot, green chilies, onion and various masala like cumin powder, coriander powder, chat masala along with Ginger – Garlic paste.
• Poha – 1 cup
• Boiled potato – 1
• Rice flour – ½ cup
• Onion – 1 (small size, finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 4(finely chopped)
• Carrot – 3 tablespoons (grated)
• Green capsicum – 3 tablespoons (finely chopped)
• Coriander leaves – small bunch(finely chopped)
• Red chili powder – ½ tablespoon
• Ginger – Garlic paste – ¼ tablespoon
• Chat Masala – ½ tablespoon
• Amchoor powder – ¼ tablespoon
• Coriander powder – ¼ tablespoon
• Cumin powder – ¼ tablespoon
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fry
• Maida – 2 tablespoons
• Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
• Take a mixing bowl and add poha. Wash it and soak in water for a minute and squeeze the poha and transfer it to another bowl.
• Now grate the boiled potato into the poha using a grater.
• Mix poha and grated potato well.
• Now add vegetables like capsicum, carrot, green chilies, onions, coriander leaves into the poha.
• Then add ½ tablespoon of red chili powder, ¼ coriander powder, ¼ tablespoon of Cumin powder, ½ tablespoon of Chat masala, ¼ tablespoon of amchoor powder, salt as per taste and ginger – garlic paste.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• Squeeze the mixture gently for vegetables to release moisture further.
• Then add ½ cup of rice flour and mix it well.
• Mix the pakoda mixture in a consistent manner.
• Then make small sized balls from the mixture and keep them aside.
• Now take a small mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of Maida.
• Then add water into the Maida and prepare it like a thick paste.
• Now take a ball and dip in Maida paste and then roll the ball in the breadcrumbs. Then keep it aside on a plate and repeat the same process until the rest of the balls are done.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Pour enough oil for deep fry and heat it.
• Then adjust the flame to medium and slowly drop the breadcrumbs coated balls into the hot oil and fry them.
• Fry them evenly until golden brown and scoop them using a spatula.
• Place the poha pakodas on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
• Repeat the same process till the balls are done.
• Then transfer the poha pakodas to a serving bowl.
• Serve this Poha pakodas in the evening as appetizers or tea time snacks.
• Before frying pokodas ensure that the oil is medium heat.
• Frying should be done on medium flame.
Serving size: 1 pakoda
• Total fat 3g
• Sodium – 60mg
• Potassium – 310mg
• Total carbs – 33g
• Sugars – 5g
• Protein – 5g