How To Make Chicken Pakora
Chicken Pakora is also known as chicken pakodi. This recipe is usually used as a side dish for the rice items; you can also eat this pakora as snacks in the evening times. Chicken pakoras are famous for its spiciness and taste.
• Chicken – ¼ kg(boneless and chopped into small pieces)
• Gram flour – 1 cup
• Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
• Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
• Red chili powder – ½ tablespoon
• Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
• Onion – 1 (chopped into small pieces)
• Green chilies – 3(sliced)
• Curry leaves – 2 bunches
• Few coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Garam Masala powder – 1 tablespoon
• Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Red food color – 1 pinch
• Take a mixing bowl and add boneless chicken to the bowl.
• Then add a cup of gram flour, a tablespoon of corn flour and a tablespoon of rice flour into the chicken pieces.
• Then add ½ tablespoon of red chili powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, a tablespoon of Garam Masala powder, chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and coriander leaves into the pieces.
• Now add salt as per taste and mix all the ingredients well.
• Then add a tablespoon of ginger – garlic paste into the mixture and mix it well.
• Then add water to the food color and then pour the food color into the pieces.
• Mix everything well.
• Marinate the chicken for about an hour.
• Then switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then pour enough oil to deep fry the pieces and heat it.
• After oil gets heated then add chicken pieces one by one in that pan.
• Keep turning the chicken pieces side by side so that it cooks on all sides evenly.
• Fry the chicken pieces in medium flame until they change to golden brown color.
• Using a slotted spoon scoop the fried chicken pieces and places them on a drainer so that it drains the excess oil.
• Then keep the drainer containing fried pieces in a bowl.
• Then repeat the same process till the rest of the chicken pieces are done.
• Finally, transfer the chicken pieces to a serving bowl.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and onion rings.
• Serve this chicken Pakora steaming hot along with side assortment of biryani or with fried rice or you can serve these pakoras as starters.
• Food color is optional.
• To make it tastier add few drops of lemon juice to the chicken pakoras.
• To increase the spiciness, you can add more green chilies.
• Total fat – 11g
• Sodium – 1,005mg
• Potassium – 610mg
• Total carbs – 22g
• Dietary fiber – 3g
• Sugars – 9g
• Protein – 44g