How To MakeTomato bath upma
Tomato Bath Upma or Tomato Bath is a south Indian breakfast recipe; tomato upma is one among the upma varieties. This tastes best when served hot with coconut chutney or with peanut chutney. This can also be served as nighttime dinner and just takes 20 minutes to prepare.
• Bombay Rava – 1 cup
• Tomato – 1 cup (finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 5(finely chopped)
• Onion – 1 (sliced)
• Carrot – 1 small size(chopped)
• Few coriander leaves
• Curry leaves – 2 bunches
• Salt as per taste
• Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
• Peanuts – 2 tablespoons
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Few cashew nuts
• Urad dal – 1 tablespoon
• Peanut green lentil – 1 tablespoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Ginger – small piece(peeled and finely chopped)
• Switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Add a cup of Bombay Rava and fry it on low flame.
• Stir it until Rava should become fragrant and start to look dry. Then keep it aside in a bowl.
• Now switch on the stove and heat another pan.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it.
• Then add ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds when they start crackling, then add ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons of Bengal gram, a tablespoon of urad dal and 2 tablespoons of peanuts.
• Fry all the ingredients well.
• Then add curry leaves and cover the pan for a minute.
• Then add cashew nuts into the tempering and fry them.
• Now add onions, green chilies, chopped ginger, and carrot.
• Now cover and cook for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomato pieces.
• Stir it once and fry them for 2 more minutes.
• Now add salt as per taste, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Then mix it well.
• Then add 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
• Then add fried Bombay Rava and immediately stir and mix it well.
• Mix it well so that no lumps are formed.
• Then cover the pan and cook it for a minute.
• The Bombay Rava grains absorb water and thus swell and get cooked.
• Mix it once and add chopped coriander leaves and mix it once again.
• Now switch off the stove and transfer the tomato bath upma to a serving bowl.
• Pour a tablespoon of ghee on each serving.
• Serve tomato bath upma hot with coconut chutney or peanut chutney or with lemon pickle.
Servings: 1(cup cooked)
• Total fat: 2g
• Sodium – 68mg
• Total carbs – 53g
• Dietary fiber – 8g
• Sugars – 5g
• Protein – 7g