HOW TO MAKE HYDERABADI CHICKEN 65
Chicken 65 is a popular South Indian chicken starter made with boneless meat that is deep fried and then seasoned, which is worth serving as a starter for many parties and restaurants. It is made with simple and basic ingredients that one does have in their kitchen.
• Boneless Chicken – ¼ kg
• Salt as per taste
• Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
• Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
• Curry leaves – 2 springs
• Ginger – small size (finely chopped)
• Garlic – 4 pods(finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 6 (sliced)
• Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
• Cumin powder – 2 tablespoons
• Ajinomoto – 1 pinch
• Raw egg – 1
• Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
• Black pepper powder – 2 tablespoons
• Cumin seeds – ¼ tablespoon
• Oil for deep fry
• Red chili garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
• Red food color – 1 pinch
1. To make a fried chicken pieces, take a mixing bowl add ¼ kg boneless chicken pieces in to that bowl.
2. Then sprinkle salt as per your taste, and also add a pinch of Ajinomoto.
3. After that add 1 tablespoon of Ginger – Garlic paste, then add 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder.
4. Then add 1 tablespoon of corn flour powder in that mixing bowl.
5. Then add 1 raw egg and mix it completely with spoon (Egg coats the meat and keeps the juices in).
6. Keep a pan on the stove and when it gets heat add oil for deep fry in that pan.
7. After oil gets heated then add chicken pieces one by one in that pan.
8. By mixing of raw egg in chicken pieces, it gives omelet texture to those chicken pieces and also be very tasty when it gets fried.
9. Keep turning the chicken pieces side by side so that it cooks on all sides.
10. Fry until the chicken pieces turns to golden color in medium flame.
11. Use only medium flame to fry the chicken pieces because when we use low flame chicken pieces observes more oil.
12. While when we use high flame chicken pieces immediately turns to golden color.
13. After chicken pieces gets fried in medium flame use a ladle to take the chicken pieces.
14. Then keep the ladle along with chicken pieces on another bowl in order to drain the excess oil.
15. Now take another pan on stove, when it gets heat add 2 tablespoons of oil.
16. After oil gets heated add ¼ tablespoon of cumin seeds.
17. When cumin seeds get fried then add ginger and garlic pieces which are finely chopped and let them fry for a minute.
18. Then add curry leaves in that pan and close it with dip and then mix the texture.
19. Add green chilies which are sliced and mix well.
20. Then add ginger- garlic paste in the pan and mix it well, then add 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder, and 1 tablespoon of Garam masala powder, and 1 tablespoon of cumin powder mix well the texture.
21. Now add 2 tablespoons of red chili garlic paste, which gives nice flavor to the textue.
22. Then add 1 tablespoon of red chili powder and mix it well. Then add little amount of water and mix well the texture, and leave it to boil the water.
23. Then add water in red food color bowl and mix it well.
24. Add food color in the pan and mix well the texture.
25. Now add the chicken pieces in to the texture and mix well the texture along with chicken pieces. Mix until the chicken pieces get dry.
26. After chicken gets dry then off the stove and transfer the chicken pieces in to serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Hot and spicy chicken 65 is ready..
Serve these Chicken 65 in the evening as snack, quick appetizers accompanied by onion slices and lemon wedges.
• Before frying Chicken pieces ensure that oil is sufficiently hot.
• Always remember that frying as to be done on medium flame.
• Red chili powder also gives a good color to the chicken, if we don’t like food color.
1. Calories – 278
2. Fat – 23g
3. Carbohydrates – 5g
4. Protein – 11g