How To Make Jeera Rice Recipe
• Basmati rice – 225g (1cup)
• Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoons
• Onion – 1
• Green chilies – 5
• Coriander leaves – 2 bunches(finely chopped)
• Mint leaves – 2 bunches(fresh leaves and finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Cashew nuts – 1 tablespoon
• Ghee – 2 tablespoons
• Ginger – Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
• Cut the onion into slices and cut the green chilies into small pieces.
• Now wash the basmati rice thoroughly and drain the water from the basmati rice.
• Then soak the basmati rice in 2 cups of water for half an hour, so that the basmati rice grains extends and cooks fast.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of ghee to the pan and heat it.
• Then add a tablespoon of cumin seeds and fry them.
• Now add ½ tablespoon of ginger – garlic paste to the cumin seeds and mix it well.
• Fry it till the raw smell goes from the ginger- garlic paste.
• Now add sliced onions and mix it well.
• Then add chopped green chilies and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the ingredients on low flame for 2 minutes.
• After 2 minutes open the lid and mix the onions once.
• Once again cover the pan and cook it for another 5 more minutes.
• Then 2 tablespoons of cashew nuts and mix it well.
• Then add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves into the mixture and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
• Then mix it once and add salt as per taste and stir it.
• Then add soaked basmati rice along with water.
• Mix it well and then close the lid and cook it.
• Cook it on high flame for 2 minutes.
• After 2 minutes mix it carefully and check the taste whether the salt is sufficient or not.
• Then cover the lid and cook it on a medium flame for 3 more minutes.
• After 3minutes open the lid and if you find the moisture in the rice then cook it for another 7 more minutes on low flame.
• After 7 minutes, mix it once and then switch off the stove.
• Then transfer the jeera to a serving plate.
• Serve this Jeera rice hot with chicken butter masala or chicken tikka masala or even with dal makhani.
Serving size: 1.0(1 cup)
• Total fat – 6g
• Sodium – 200mg
• Total carbs – 24g
• Protein – 2g
• Iron – 4%