Kalakand (Milk Cake) Sweet
Kalakand is a very traditional delicious desert. Kalakand can be made with full cream milk or with condensed milk. To get the traditional taste of the kalakand you can prepare it by using full cream milk. In kalakand you can add dry fruits as well flavorings of your choice. This kalakand is a quick process. It requires only a few ingredients like full cream milk, sugar, Ghee and lemon juice. Milk is curdled a bit with the use of lemon juice.
• Full cream milk – 1 liter
• Sugar – 100g
• Cardamom powder – 1tablespoon
• Ghee – 2tablespoons
• Few almonds
• Lemon juice – 1tablespoon(juice extracted without seeds)
• Few Cashew nuts
• Pour 1 liter of full cream milk in a heavy bottomed pan and warm up on a low flame.
• Stir and mix well. Cook on low fire, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
• Heat till milk is thick and reduced to half.
• Meanwhile, add water to the lemon juice and mix it well.
• As the milk comes to boil and then add the lemon juice gradually and stir the milk gently.
• Stir constantly as the curd starts separating from the whey.
• Now add 1 cup or 100g of sugar and continue to cook and stir until the mixture becomes soft lump.
• After a short while, the kalakand mixture will start thickening well and looks like one mass or a soft dough consistency and will begin to leave the sides of the pan and switch off the stove.
• Now take a vessel and grease it with little ghee.
• Add cardamom powder to the kalakand mixture and mix it properly.
• Now pour the mixture into the vessel and let it set.
• You can level the kalakand mixture with a spoon or spatula.
• Rest it for 1 day so that kalakand comes to room temperature.
• After a day gently invert the kalakand on a plate.
• Then slice the kalakand into the desired size and shape.
• Furthermore, transfer the kalakand to a serving plate and garnish with almonds and cashew nuts.
Tasty, sweet and delicious kalakand sweet is ready now.
Serve kalakand as a sweet or as a dessert
• Kalakand keeps good for 6-7 days if refrigerated.
• Adding a few spoons of water in the vessel before milk reduces burning the milk.
• Make sure to frequently stir the milk as the milk burns easily in the bottom of the pan.
• Total fat – 9g
• Sodium – 414mg
• Potassium – 293mg
• Total carbs – 35g
• Sugars – 33g
• Protein – 15g