HOW TO MAKE RAVA KESARI BOORELU
RAVA KESARI Boorelu is one of the famous south Indian festive sweets. Boorelu are in round shape and having a sweet and soft filling inside like chana dal filling/moong dal filling etc..,the outer covering is little crispy and can be made with maida/dosa batter/idli and dosa mix batter/gram flour batter.
• Urad dal – 1 cup
• Rice – 1 cup
• Bombay Rava/Sooji – 1 cup
• Sugar – 2 cups
• Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
• Ghee – 3 tablespoons
• Oil to deep fry
• Salt as per taste
1. Take a bowl and soak urad dal (1 cup) for 6 hours.
2. Take another bowl and soak rice (1 cup) for 6 hours.
3. Pour the water (2 cups) in a pan; add Bombay rava (1 cup) in to the boiling water stir it continuously otherwise it will form lumps which then become very hard to dissolve.
4. Now add the sugar in very low flame mix it well until sugar is dissolved and it appears like a thick paste.
5. Then add cardamom powder (1 tea spoon) which gives a nice taste and aroma.
6. Finally add ghee (2 table spoon), mix it well and then switch off the stove.
7. Slightly cool the mixture.
8. Now wash and grind the soaked urad dal and rice to a thick batter.
9. The batter consistency should be like a thick idly batter.
10. Do not add too much water while grinding.
11. Mix salt to the batter and keep it aside.
12. After the halwa or RAVA KESARI is cooled, make small tight balls.
13. While making balls apply ghee to your hands so that the balls will be soft and comes round in shape.
14. Pour oil in a frying pan and let it boil.
15. Dip the small balls in the batter and drop them in hot oil.
16. The batter coated balls goes down and then comes up and floated.
17. Make sure that they should get fried on all sides, all this process must be done in medium flame.
18. Fry them till golden brown color.
19. Use a drainer for taking out the balls from the frying pan.
20. Transfer them onto the tissue for excess oil to get absorbed.
21. Like this fry all the remaining balls.
Your sweet and delicious Rava kesari Boorelu is ready now.
Serve them when they are hot.
Protein – 2.4g
Vitamin A- 1.3%
Copper – 3.4%
Iron – 4.6%
Riboflavin – 5.8%
Zinc – 1.7%
1. While grinding the batter do not add too much water, batter should be thick.
2. If you want more sweet then add extra sugar.
3. Mix some idly batter and dosa batter in a bowl and use it for coating.
Enjoy eating Halwa or RAVA KESARI Boorelu