HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE PAKODA
Cabbage Pakoda is a perfect dish and all-time favorite snack all over India. This deep fried fritter is addictive to most of us and is often sold at most curry points or food stalls which are tempting our hands to grap.
• Cabbage – 1 cup (thinly sliced)
• Gram flour -1 cup
• Rice flour – 1tablespoon
• Corn flour – 1tablespoon
• Salt as per taste
• Curry leaves – 4 springs(chopped)
• Oil for deep fry
• Ginger green chili paste – 1tablespoon
1. Heat enough oil in a deep frying vessel.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of gram flour, and 1 tablespoon of corn flour.
3. Also add 1 tablespoon of rice flour and mix it well with fingers.
4. Addition of corn flour to cabbage pakoda, gives crispy nature to cabbage pakoda.
5. Then add salt as per taste in to the mixing bowl.
6. Now add 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage in to the bowl and mix it well.
7. Then add 1 tablespoon of Ginger, green chili paste and also add 4 springs of finely chopped curry leaves in to the bowl.
8. Then add water in to the mixing bowl gradually and mix it well to make a pakoda mixture.
9. Mix the pakoda mixture in a consistency manner. You can squeeze the mixture gently for cabbage to release moisture further.
10. Heat oil in a vessel, once oil turns hot reduce the flame in to medium flame.
11. Deep fry and slowly drop the batter into the oil as shapeless fritters under medium flame.
12. In the low flame pakoda’s observe oil and in high flame pakoda immediately turns to golden color, so make sure that flame will be in medium.
13. Deep fry till they turn golden brown.
14. Use a slotted ladle to keep turning the fritters so that it cooks all the sides evenly.
15. Once they turn golden brown, remove them on to absorbent paper.
16. Repeat the same process till the pakoda mixture is done.
17. Don’t crowd the vessel with many cabbage pakoda’s.
18. Once the pakoda gets fried from beneath, flip their sides.
19. You can use a drainer to remove cabbage pakoda from oil and place them on a paper napkin which observes extra oil.
20. Transfer the fried cabbage pakoda to serving bowl.
Spicy and crispy Cabbage pakodas’ are ready..
Serve these Cabbage pakodas in the evening as appetizers or tea time snacks.
• Before frying cabbage pakodas ensure that oil is sufficiently hot.
• Remember that frying as to done on medium flame to achieve that golden brown.
• These cabbage pakodas are high calorie food so don’t take these pakodas in high quantity.
1. Sodium – 10mg
2. Calories – 110
3. Total carbs – 29 g
4. Sugars – 21 g