How To Bake Chocolate Cake in Pressure cooker
Making chocolate cake in a pressure cooker is very easy and simple and it is a kid friendly Indian dessert. You can prepare this kind of chocolate cake at home for any occasions such as birthday parties, anniversary functions as it does not require any special appliances like microwave oven, making this chocolate cake at home is very healthy and hygienic also.
• Maida – 125g or 1 cup
• Sugar – 125g or 1 cup
• Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
• Melted butter – 100g
• Eggs – 2
• Vanilla essence – 4 0r 5 drops
• Milk – 50ml
• Baking powder – ½ tablespoon
• Take a mixing bowl break the eggs and whisk it well by a whisker or a spoon until well combined.
• Then add melted butter into the egg mixture.
• Mix it well until well combined.
• Then add a cup of sugar and mix it well.
• Instead of crystal sugar, you can use sugar powder.
• Then add 4-5 drops of vanilla essence into the egg mixture.
• Mix it well with a spoon.
• Now pour a cup of Maida, ½ tablespoon of baking powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a sieve.
• Then sieve it to get a fine mixed powder of Maida, baking powder and cocoa powder.
• Then add the fine smooth powder into the egg mixture and mix it well.
• Mix it well by gradually adding milk.
• While mixing you will come to know if the batter is going to be thick or too thin.
• Whisk to a smooth batter.
• Now take a pressure cooker and fill it with sand and place it on the stove.
• Then switch on the stove and close the cooker without keeping whistle.
• Now take a wide bottomed vessel and grease it with butter.
• Then sprinkle Maida flour on the greased vessel and gently tap the sides.
• Then pour the batter in the vessel, fill the ¾th part of the vessel with the cake batter.
• Gently tap the sides of the vessel.
• After 5 minutes open the pressure cooker and then place the vessel containing the batter and close it without keeping whistle.
• Adjust the flame to medium and bake the cake for 10 minutes.
• After 10 minutes open the cooker.
• Then remove the vessel from the cooker carefully with a holder.
• Then check if it was done, insert a toothpick or sharp knife in the center of the cake, it should come out clean or with a few cake crumbs.
• Let the cake become warm or cool down at room temperature then remove the cake gently from the vessel.
• Cut the edges of the cake and gently invert the cake onto a plate.
• Cool completely, slice and serve.
• You can also frost the cake with any icing.
• Refrigerate the leftovers.
Serving size: 1 slice
• Total fat – 11g
• Sodium – 214mg
• Potassium – 128mg
• Total carbs – 35g
• Dietary fiber – 2g
• Protein – 3g