How To Make Semiya Payasam Recipe
Semiya payasam is also called as bambino vermicelli payasam. This is one of the most traditional sweets and can be prepared at home in an easy manner. You can offer this sweet as a prasadm to gods during festivals and also, you can serve this to the guests.
• Full cream milk – ½ liter
• Semiya – ½ cup or 50g
• Sago – 2 tablespoons
• Sugar – 125g
• Ghee – 50g(Desi ghee)
• Cashew nuts – 12
• Kismis – 12
• Pistachio nuts – 8
• Almonds – 6
• Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
• A pinch of salt
• Water – 1 glass
• Soak the almonds in water for 1 hour and wash the sago, and then soak it in water 15 water.
• Now peel off the almonds and cut them into small pieces.
• Then cut the pistachio nuts into small pieces.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of ghee and heat it.
• Then add a half cup of semiya into the ghee and fry it.
• Adjust the flame to low and stir it frequently. Fry it till changes to lite red color and keep it aside on a plate.
• Now in the same pan add kismis and fry them.
• Fry them till it becomes double in size and keep it aside on a plate.
• Then in the same pan add cashew nuts and fry them.
• Keep it aside in a plate.
• Then it’s time to fry almonds, fry the almonds in the same pan and keep it in the fried cashew nuts bowl.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a vessel.
• Then pour full cream milk along with a glass of water into the vessel and allow it boil.
• Then adjust the flame to low and then add soaked sago into the boiled milk and mix it once.
• Cook the sago for 5 minutes and then add fried semiya into the milk and mix it well.
• Now adjust the flame to medium and allow it to cook.
• Cook the semiya for 5 minutes; keep stirring to prevent the semiya payasam from burning.
• Then add a cup of sugar and mix it well.
• Now add cardamom powder and fried dry fruits into the semiya payasam and mix it well.
• Then switch off the stove and add a pinch of salt to the payasam and mix it well. Salt gives a nice taste to the payasam.
• Then transfer the semiya payasam to the serving bowl and garnish with fried nuts and raisins.
Tasty and delicious Semiya Payasam is ready to serve now
• Serve this semiya payasam hot or warm as a snack item for the kids.
• You can offer this payasam to the gods as prasadam during festivals.
• As per your requirements, you can add more or less sugar.
• If you want to make thick semiya payasam add less milk or else add more milk.
• You can add a pinch of saffron which gives a nice taste and color to the payasam.
Serving size: 1 cup
• Total fat – 7g
• Sodium – 215mg
• Total carbs – 45g
• Dietary fiber – 2g
• Sugars – 35g
• Protein -11g