Suji/Bombay Rava Upma
• Sooji Rava/ Bombay rava – 1 cup
• Onion- 1 (cut into slices)
• Green chilli – 4 (chop into small pieces)
• Ginger – small piece (chop finely )
• Peanut green lentil – 2 table spoons
• Urad dal – 1 table spoon
• Peanuts – 1 table spoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ table spoon
• Cashew nuts – few pieces
• Curry leaves – few leaves
• Water – 2 cups
• Oil – as required
• Salt – to taste
Bombay Rava Upma Preparation method:
1. Put a pan on stove and turn on flame.
2. Once the pan is heated pour 2 table spoons oil. Add mustard seeds, peanut green lentil, urad dal, peanuts and fry them by string.
3. Now add cashew nuts add mix it once, add curry leaves and put a lid for ½ minute.
4. Remove lid and fry them once then add green chillies, onions and ginger and mix it well.
5. Put lid and cook for 2 minutes, after 2 minutes the onions and green chilli will be tender.
6. Now add 2 cups of water ( if you are taking 1 cup sooji you need to take 2 cups of water, if you increase the quantity the ratio should me same i.e ., 2: 1).
7. Add salt as per taste and boil water by putting lid.
8. After 2 minutes water will be boiling, taste water they should be little salty. This will be enough for upma.
9. Keep string water by pouring sooji into it. It should not form balls while pouring.
10. Mix it well so that all the sooji get mixed with water.
11. Put a lid and cook for 1 minute.
12. After a minute all the water will be absorbed by sooji.
Tasty and easily made sooji rava or Bombay rava Upma is ready to serve.