Village Style Mutton Curry
• Mutton – 350 grams
• Onions – 3 ( medium size finely chopped into small pieces)
• Green chilli – 4 (cut into slices)
• Ginger garlic paste – 2 tea spoons
• Red chilli powder – 2 table spoons
• Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
• Salt – to taste
• Cashew nuts – 1 table spoon
• Coriander seeds – 1 table spoon
• Cumin seeds – ¼ table spoon
• Coconut – small piece
• Cloves – 5
• Cinnamon – 2 small pieces
• Green Cardamom – 2
• Poppy seeds – 1 table spoon
• Watermelon seeds – 1 table spoon
• Coriander leaves – small bunch (chop into small pieces)
• Oil – 4 table spoons
Village Style Mutton Curry Preparation Method:
1. Soak 1 table spoon cashew nuts, 1 table spoon watermelon seeds, 1 table spoon poppy seeds in water for 15 minutes.
2. Put a pan on stove, turn on flame.
3. Once pan get heated add 4 table spoon oil.
4. Add onions and green chilli’s once oil is heated.
5. Oil should be mixed with onions.
6. Now add ¼ table spoon salt to cook onions quickly.
7. Mix salt with onions and put a lid to cook for 2 minutes.
8. Now remove lid and mix onions once again.
9. Add cleaned mutton pieces into pan and stir till onion, mutton pieces mixes well.
10. You should cook mutton till water come out of mutton and they get evaporated.
11. Put a lid on pan and leave mutton pieces to cook.
12. Take a mixer jar add cloves, cardamom ,cumin seeds, cinnamon , coriander seeds and blend them into fine powder.
13. Now add coconut pieces into jar and blend along with spices powder.
14. add soaked cashew, water melon seeds, poppy seeds and blend it into paste by adding water.
You can used cashew nuts soaked water here.
15. After 2-3 minutes remove the lid on pan, add 2 tea spoon ginger garlic paste to mutton and mix it till mutton pieces get this paste.
16. Put lid on pan once again and cook for another 2 minutes.
If your mutton pieces are hard use a cooker to cook mutton pieces instead of pan.
17. After 2 minutes when you remove lid water will be coming out of mutton pieces.
18. Mix pieces once again and put lid back to cook.
19. After 10 minutes remove the lid, water which came out of mutton is evaporated now.
20. Add salt as per your taste, 2 table spoon red chilli powder and mix well.
21. Now put lid on pan, cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
22. After 1 minute, pour 2 glasses water to cook mutton pieces.
23. Mix well and put lid back and cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
To cook curry evenly keep mixing for every 2 minutes.
24. After mixing put lid once again, adjust flame to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
25. After 10 minutes mix it once again, cook till 2 glasses water reduce to 1 glass.
26. Add 3 table spoons of masala paste (cashew, coconut and spices paste) and mix it well with mutton pieces.
27. Put lid on pan and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
Mutton will get the masala flavour when you cook on low flame.
28. You will see oil releasing from curry after 5 minutes.
29. Add chopped coriander leaves to curry and mix well.
30. Put lid on pan, cook for 2 minutes. Curry will get the flavour of coriander now.
31. After two minutes oil will come out of curry and the gravy will be thick.
32. Adjust flame to high and cook for a minute
Now tasty village style mutton curry is ready to serve.
Take it into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. You can have it with rice or roti.