How to Make Instant Oats Idli
Oats idlis are one of the most popular and healthy breakfast recipes. Oats are rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins. Idlis are considered to staple breakfast of every south INDIAN family. To make idlis more healthy lets add some oats in our diet and make it more nutritious. Masala oats idly is an instant idly recipe and is very similar to rava idli.
You can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy and delicious. Oats are good for weight loss so add the delicious oats idly in your diet.
• Oats – 2 cups
• Bombay rava – 1 cup
• Grated cabbage – 2 tablespoons
• Grated carrot – 2 tablespoons
• Yogurt – 1 cup
• Green chilies – 2 tablespoons(finely chopped)
• Ginger – 1 tablespoon(chopped into small pieces)
• Salt as per taste
• Baking soda – pinch
1. Keep a pan on the stove and heat it.
2. Dry roast the oats (2 cups) until you gets a nice smell.
3. Allow to cool and then grind to fine powder in a mixer.
4. In a large mixing bowl add Bombay rava (1 cup) along with powdered oats. Mix them well.
5. Add salt as per taste, chopped green chilies, ginger (chopped into small pieces), grated carrot (2 tablespoons) and grated cabbage (2 tablespoons).
6. Give a good mix.
7. You can also add steamed peas or finely chopped French beans or skip the veggies altogether.
8. Now add yogurt (1 cup) and mix well.
9. Then add baking soda (a pinch) and water.
10. Mix to make a thick batter and bring it to the consistency like that of idli batter.
11. Soak the batter for 10 minutes.
12. After 10 minutes if needed add some water and mix it well, bring it to the consistency like that of idli batter.
13. Now pour the batter into the idly moulds.
14. Place the moulds in the steamer/ electric cooker/ pressure cooker.
15. Cover and steam idlis for about 10 to 15 minutes.
16. Now switch off the stove.
17. Allow them to cool down a bit.
18. Remove them with the help of a spoon and transfer them to a serving bowl.
Healthy and fluffy instant oats idlis are ready.
Serve these instant oats idli with coconut chutney or sambar or with any chutney of your choice.
• It is very important to roast oats; else your idlis will be sticky.
• Better to use vegan yogurt, if not add few drops of lemon juice, so that baking soda can easily react and make your idlis fluffy.
Dietary fiber – 2.9g
Sugars – 1.7g
Protein – 3.2g
Vitamin A – 13.4%
Vitamin B-12 – 1.1%
Vitamin B-6 – 2.7%
Vitamin C – 0.8%
Vitamin E – 1.5%
Calcium – 4%
Iron – 6%
Zinc – 2.3%