How to Make Vegetable Oats Upma Recipe
• Oats- 2 cups
• Onion -1 (chop into small pieces)
• Finely chopped ginger – 1 table spoon
• Finely chopped green chilli – 3 table spoon
• Grated cabbage – ½ cup
• Chopped carrot – ½ cup
• Cashew nuts – ¼ cup
• Chopped spring onions – ¼ cup
• Bengal gram – 1 table spoon
• Ground nuts / peanuts – 1 table spoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Urad dal – 1 table spoon
• Hing – pinch
• Curry leaves – 2petals (2 remmalu)
• Salt – to taste
• Oil- 2 table spoon
Vegetable Oats Upma Preparation Method :
1. Put a pan on stove and turn on flame.
2. Once pan get heated add oats and fry them on low flame, till you get good smell.
3. Once oats are fried take them into a plate.
4. Now place pan on stove and turn on flame
5. Once pan get heated add 2 table spoons oil.
6. Once oil get heated add ¼ tea spoon mustard seeds, 1 table spoon ground nuts, 1 table spoon Bengal gram, 1 table spoon urad dal and fry it well.
7. Now add 2 table spoons cashew nuts and fry them once again on low flame.
8. Add curry leaves, put a lid on pan as the oil drops fall out once you add curry leaves.
9. Now remove lid and mix these nuts once again.
10. After they are fried, add chopped green chilli, chopped ginger to it and mix them well
11. Add chopped onions and mix them well till everything get mixed evenly
12. Add a pinch of hing to this mixture, it is optional.
Hing gives nice flavour and smell to upma. If you don’t like hing you can skip it.
13. After mixing hing with the onions, add chopped carrot, grated cabbage, chopped spring onions and mix it evenly.
14. Now put a lid on pan and cook it for 2 minutes.
15. After 2 minutes remove lid and mix the vegetables. Add 1 glass water to pan to cook vegetables.
16. Now add salt as per your taste and mix it well
17. Place a lid on pan and leave vegetables to cook.
18. After 3- 4 minutes remove lid, vegetables are cooked now.
19. Add oats to these vegetables when you have some water in the pan.
There should not be more water when you are adding oats, if you have more water oats will turn into paste.
20. Mix oats well with the vegetables.
Oats don’t need much water to get cooked so water which is used to cook vegetables is enough.
21. After mixing well, if you feel oats are dry add required amount of water.
22. Mix this upma well and leave it to cook for a minute placing a lid on pan.
23. After a minute remove the lid and check upma, if oats are cooked turn off the flame and take upma into a serving bowl.
Now the tasty and healthy oats upma is ready to taste.