How To Make Instant Rava Dosa
Rava Dosa is a popular south Indian Dosa recipe prepared with semolina, Rava dosa is a crispy and tasty dosa recipe. it is a perfect quick breakfast recipe. Rava dosa does not require any soaking, grinding and fermentation process.
• Bombay Rava – 1 cup
• Rice flour – 1 cup
• Maida – ½ cup
• Buttermilk – 1 glass
• Onion – 1(finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
• Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
• Curry leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Grated carrot – 2 tablespoons
• Oil for preparing the dosa
• Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
• Take a large mixing bowl and add a cup of Bombay Rava, a cup of rice flour, ½ cup Maida and salt as per taste.
• Mix it well.
• Then add a cup of grated carrot, chopped green chilies, finely chopped curry leaves, coriander leaves and cumin seeds into the Rava mixture and mix it well.
• Then add a glass of buttermilk into the mixture and mix all the ingredients well and make sure no lumps are formed.
• The batter has to be thin and flowing.
• If the batter looks like thick consistency then add more water.
• Then add finely chopped onions into the mixture and mix it well.
• Cover and rest the batter for 10 minutes.
• Then mix the batter once before preparing dosas.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a non-stick tawa.
• Then with a small bowl pour the Rava dosa batter on the tawa and spread it like dosa around the tawa.
• Then pour oil around the dosa and allow it to cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
• Then gently flip the dosa on another side and cook for another 2 minutes or until it changes to golden brown color.
• Then fold the dosa and transfer it to a serving plate.
• Repeat the same process till rest of the batter is done.
Tasty and crispy Rava Dosa is ready to serve.
• Serve Rava dosa with coconut chutney or with any chutney of your choice.
• The batter should have pouring buttermilk like consistency; this is how it differs from normal dosa.
• Add more water if required and attain the pouring consistency.
• To attain more taste and rich flavor you can also use sour curd.
• You can use the Rava dosa batter for 2-3 days.
serving size: 1 Rava dosa
• Total fat – 2g
• Sodium – 66mg
• Potassium – 18mg
• Total carbs – 13g
• Dietary fiber -1g
• Protein – 2g