How to Make Kadai Chicken Curry
Kadai means a WOK which is used in the INDIAN kitchens for cooking dishes. Kadai Chicken is a north INDIAN dish famous for its spicy taste. Kadai Chicken is mildly flavored with spices, onions, red chilies and tomatoes give this dish a beautiful color, plenty of flavor and consistency. It tastes great with INDIAN breads like naan, roti, etc..,
• Chicken – ½ kg
• Onions – 2(finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 6(sliced)
• Tomatoes – 1 cup(chopped)
• Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
• Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
• Bay leaves – 2
• Black pepper – 1 tablespoon
• Cloves – 6
• Cardamom – 5
• Cinnamon – 3(small size)
• Red chilies – 4
• Salt as per taste
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
• Coriander leaves chopped finely
• Kasuri Methi – 1 tablespoon
• Oil adjust as needed
• Cashew Nuts
1. Switch on the stove.
2. Heat non-stick pan and add Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Bay leaves, Black pepper, Cloves, Cardamom, Cinnamon and Red chilies.
3. Dry roast for some time till it comes to nice color on low flame and keep aside.
4. Grid all the ingredients mentioned into a coarse powder and keep it aside which is called as Kadai Masala.
5. In the same pan pour oil (4 tablespoons), add sliced onions, green chilies and mix it well.
6. Sauté till they turn light brown by covering the pan for 3 minutes.
7. Then add Kadai Masala (1 tablespoon), Ginger-Garlic paste (1 tablespoon) and fry till the raw smell goes off. Such that onions and green chilies can absorb the masala and ginger- garlic paste.
8. Now add tomatoes (chopped), stir it well. Instead of chopped tomatoes you can use tomato puree.
9. Add salt as per taste and also add turmeric powder (¼ teaspoon).
10. Cook till almost the raw smell goes off from the tomatoes and the masala thickens.
11. Now it’s time to add red chili powder to bring a good color to the gravy and fry well for just two minutes.
12. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry 3 – 4 minutes, on medium flame and let it cook in its own moisture.
13. Mix properly in medium flame, so that all the pieces are coated well in the gravy.
14. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
15. After the evaporation of water in the chicken add cashew nuts (optional).
16. Add a glass of water to make it semi- dry, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
17. Once done sprinkle the remaining Kadai Masala, coriander leaves for taste.
18. Cover and Cook till everything assimilates.
19. Add kasuri methi by crushing with free hands and mix it.
20. Sauté well until the oil separates.
21. Turn off the flame.
22. Garnish with coriander leaves and onion rings.
Juicy and Yummy Kadai Chicken is ready
Serve with roti/ plain rice/ chapatti or with paratha.
Dietary Fiber – 3g
Sugars – 1g
Protein – 25g
Vitamin A – 40%
Vitamin C – 50%
Calcium – 8%
Iron – 30%