How to Make Methi Paratha Recipe
Fenugreek leaves are rich in folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin K and minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron. They are used in many home remedies to control acne, dandruff, dryness of hair etc.
Fenugreek lowers cholesterol, controls diabetes, lowers blood sugar levels, protects from cancer, aids digestion and a natural cure for heartburn and acidity.
Fenugreek seeds powder are used in various recipes. There are varieties of parathas. The stuffing can be changed and different parathas are made. You can use aloo, paneer, cheese, spinach, mix vegetable, Gobi paratha etc., to make parathas.
• Wheat flour – 1 cup
• Methi – 1 cup (finely chopped )
• Cumin powder – ½ tea spoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Cumin seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Black pepper powder – ½ tea spoon
• Salt – to taste
• Ginger garlic paste -1 table spoon
• AmChur powder – 1 table spoon
• Oil – as required
• Butter – as required
• Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
• Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped )
1. Take a mixing bowl with wheat flour.
2. Add salt as per taste, 2 table spoons oil and mix well.
3. Slowly pour water and mix flour into dough.
4. Keep dough aside for 15 minutes, cover a lid.
5. Put a pan on stove.
6. Pour 2 table spoon oil when pan is hot.
7. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds to oil and stir them.
8. After a minute, add onions and green chilli.
9. Fry them and add salt, ginger garlic paste.
10. Fry this mixture till there is no raw smell.
11. Now add methi, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and mix them well with methi.
12. Fry methi leaves for a minute and take into a plate.
13. Now to make paratha, make small balls out of dough.
14. Press dough into small size roti.
15. Now put methi mixture in roti and seal the edges by bringing them into middle.
16. Slowly make it into a small ball.
17. Press this stuffed dough into a roti slowly by adding dry wheat flour while pressing.
18. Put a roti pan on stove and turn on flame
19. Once pan is heated, fry roti both sides.
20. When paratha is slightly fried apply butter on both sides and fry it well.
21. Make remaining dough into parathas.
Tasty and healthy methi parathas are ready to serve. They can be served with pickle , curry or even cured.