How To Make Mysore Bonda Recipe
Mysore Bonda is one of the most famous breakfast recipes. Making of Mysore Bonda is a simple and easy recipe, which is a popular street food in some cities of Telugu States and can be prepared with a few ingredients like Maida, green chilies, Rice flour, ginger, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, cooking soda and buttermilk. Maida is the main ingredient for the preparation of Mysore Bonda. You can prepare Bondas with idly or Dosa batter.
Mysore Bonda is basically a savory snack and can be served as morning breakfast or as evening snacks, only the consistency of the batter being the most important aspect of preparing the perfect Bonda.
• Maida – 1 cup
• Rice flour – ¼ cup
• Green chilies – 2
• Ginger – 1 inch
• Coriander leaves – 2 bunches(finely chopped)
• Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Cooking soda – ¼ teaspoon
• Oil for deep fry
• Salt to taste
• Buttermilk – 1 glass
• In a mixing bowl add a cup of Maida and ¼ cup of rice flour.
• Mix it well with a spoon and then add salt as per taste.
• Mix it well by gradually adding buttermilk.
• Make it to a thick batter and ensure that no lumps are formed.
• Now set it aside for 30 minutes by covering it with a plate.
• Now take a blender and add chopped ginger and green chilies and grind it to a coarse paste.
• Keep the paste aside in a small bowl.
• After 30 minutes add coarse paste of ginger and green chilies into the batter.
• Then add cumin seeds, chopped coriander leaves and ¼ teaspoon of cooking soda into the mixture.
• Then mix all the ingredients well.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then pour enough oil for deep fry and heat it.
• Now wet your hands and take small portions of this batter and slowly drop it into the oil.
• Stir and fry until golden brown color in medium flame.
• Then scoop them with a drainer and transfer them to a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
• Then repeat the same process till rest of the batter is done.
• Transfer them to a serving plate.
• Serve the Mysore Bondas hot with coconut chutney or with peanut chutney or with any chutney of your choice.
Serving size: 1(1 ball- 30g)
• Total fat – 1g
• Sodium – 45mg
• Total carbs – 13g
• Dietary fiber – 1g
• Sugars – 1g
• Protein – 3g