How to Make Onion Pesarattu Breakfast Recipe
Onion pesarattu is made of green gram batter, you should take moong dal without removing skin. It is eaten as breakfast and snack that is popular in Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan especially. Usually served with ginger or tamarind chutney. Upma with pesarattu is an awesome combination. As it is made of soaked and sprouted moong it have high minerals and proteins in it. Onion and moong dal helps to cool your body temperature as well.
Green Gram is a perfect slimming food, it is low in fat and rich source of protein, fibre which lower cholesterol level in body. Vitamins A, B, C, calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, phosphorous, manganese are obtained from sprouts.
Daily a cup of variety of sprouts in a day will help you reduce acne, hair loss and maintain diet. Coriander leaves help regulate blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin production. Volatile oils in leaves have antibacterial properties. It reduces liquid peroxides cell membranes. These leaves are good source of magnesium, manganese and fair source of iron.
Coriander seeds boiled in water cures urinary tract infection. These leaves are used in each and every dish especially in non-vegetarian dishes for flavour.
• Pesalu (moong dal) – 1 cup
• rice – 2 table spoon
• green chilli – 3
• ginger – small piece
• cumin seeds – 1 table spoon
• curry leaves – 2 branches
• coriander leaves – 1 bunch
• finely chopped onions
• oil – 2 table spoons
1. First take a bowl and soak mung and rice overnight.
2. Morning you need to take a blender with soaked mung and rice.
3. Put green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves and curry leaves in it.
4. Grind them by adding water into a paste. This should not be finely pasted.
5. Take it into a bowl and add some water to get a consistency to make dosa.
6. Mix it well add cumin seeds, salt to taste and mix them in batter well.
7. Now with this batter you can make pesarattu.
8. Take some batter and make a dosa on dosa pan.
9. Sprinkle onions on this dosa and press them slightly.
10. Now pour some oil to sides of dosa.
11. Leave it to cook for 2-3 minutes and turn to other side.
12. When other side is also cooked take it into serving plate.
13. You can make few more dosa with this batter.
14. You can store in refrigerator for future use.
If you serve this with ginger chutney, it will be very tasty.