How to Make Potato Sandwich Recipe
Potato sandwich recipe is one of the most delicious and easy Indian sandwich recipes that can be made without much effort.to make potato sandwich use boiled potatoes or directly cook them in the pan, whichever is convenient. If you don’t have a sandwich toaster, you can make this toast on a pan. You can make open sandwich too.
1. Bread slices – 6
2. Potatoes – 3
3. Onion – 1(small size and finely chopped)
4. Green chilies – 3(finely chopped)
5. Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
6. Salt as per taste
7. Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
8. Black pepper powder – ¼ tablespoon
9. Garam masala powder – ½ tablespoon
10. Cumin powder – ¼ tablespoon
11. Coriander powder – ¼ tablespoon
12. Amchur powder – 1 teaspoon
13. Ginger-Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
14. Tomato ketchup – 1 cup
15. Coriander leaves – small bunch(cleaned and finely chopped)
16. Oil – 3 tablespoons
17. Butter – 6 tablespoons
Preparation of potato stuffing:
• Boil or pressure cook potatoes till they are cooked very well and can be easily mashed.
• If used pressure cooker wait till 4 whistles and then turn off the stove.
• Once the pressure released, take out the boiled potatoes from the pressure cooker into a bowl.
• Peel the boiled potatoes and grate them using a grater or you can smash the potatoes.
• Add 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat it.
• Now add finely chopped onions, green chilies and fry them.
• Cover and cook for 2 minutes under low flame.
• After 2 minutes mix them well and add ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste and fry them until the raw smell is gone.
• Add grated potato, salt as per taste, 1 pinch of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• Furthermore add ¼ tablespoon of coriander powder, ¼ tablespoon of cumin powder, ¼ tablespoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of amchur powder.
• Mix everything evenly and finally add ½ tablespoon of Garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
• Mix everything well and cook till the mixture binds well.
• Cover and cook for a minute under low flame.
• Now turn off the flame and transfer the potato stuff into a plate.
Preparation of sandwich:
1. Apply tomato ketch up on one side of bread slice and spread it evenly.
2. On the top of ketch up put prepared potato mixture and also spread that out evenly.
3. Cover with another slice and ketch up the top of this slice.
4. Repeat the same process for the remaining slices.
5. Heat the skillet over high flame and spread some butter on it.
6. Now place the potato sandwich on the skillet and fry until lite golden brown from bottom under low flame.
7. Turn it over;
8. Toast it well on both the sides till crunchy.
9. Repeat the same process for the rest of slices is done until golden brown.
10. Cut the sandwich into desired size and shape.
11. Transfer the sandwich to a serving plate.
Potato sandwiches are ready
Serve these potato sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney
• You can use leftover potato curry for making masala dosa.
• If you have sandwich maker, toast them directly instead of using the pan or skillet.
• Serve as soon as the sandwiches are grilled and fresh.
• Calories – 251
• Fat – 7g
• Carbs – 38g
• Sugars – 5g
• Sodium – 583mg
• Fiber – 4g
• Protein – 7g