How to Make Namak Pare Recipe
Namak pare recipe is easy to make snack recipe. Addition of ajwain, black pepper, red chili powder and salt make them crispy. They are excellent snacks and are made during festive occasions. You can make namak pare in bulk and store them in air tight container and enjoy them with tea for next few weeks. Namak pare is a savory and fried flour crispies.
• Maida – 200g
• Ajwain – 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
• Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Salt as per taste
• Oil for deep fry
1. In a mixing add 200g of Maida flour, 1 teaspoon of ajwain, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder, salt as per taste and 4 tablespoon of oil.
2. Mix all the ingredients well, until combined.
3. Now add little water gradually and start kneading the dough.
4. Don’t add all the water at a time.
5. The dough should be soft similar to chapatti dough.
6. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, knead the dough once again.
8. Take medium sized ball from the dough and flatten it out between your palms.
9. Start rolling it into a big circle using roller pin on dusted flour.
10. With a serrated knife cut the rolled dough into the criss cross patterns.
11. Remove the diamond shaped patterns.
12. Repeat the same process till the rest of the dough is done.
13. Cut the rolled dough into desired size and shape.
14. Collect these diamond shaped patterns in a plate.
15. Heat a wide heavy bottomed vessel with enough oil for deep frying.
16. Fry diamond shaped namak pare in hot oil by adjusting high flame to low flame.
17. Once namak pare gets fried from beneath, flip their sides.
18. Fry them in hot oil till crisp and golden color.
19. Once namak pare have turned golden on both sides scoop them out with a drainer to drain the excess oil.
20. Spread a paper napkin on the plate and transfer the fried namak pare from the drainer into the napkin to drain excess oil.
21. Repeat the same process and fry them until golden color.
22. Transfer the fried namak pare to a serving bowl.
Tasty and crispy namak pare are ready now
You can serve namak pare with tea or as a snack
Set them aside to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container and serve.
1. Sodium – 150mg
2. Total carbs – 42g
3. Dietary fiber – 1g
4. Protein – 7g