How To Make Prawns Curry
Prawns curry is one of the easy and tasty recipes it is also called as Royyala Iguru, that can be prepared in just 20 minutes and to make prawns curry we just need the basic ingredients that would be available in most of the Asian kitchens. To make it tastier we need a mild Garam masala powder.
• Prawns – ½ kg (cleaned)
• Onions – 3 (finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 6(sliced)
• Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
• Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
• Few coriander leaves
• Poppy seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Cashew nuts – 8
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Coconut – small piece (grind poppy seeds, cashew nuts and cashew nuts to a fine paste)
• Garam Masala powder – 1 tablespoon
• Switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it.
• Then add chopped onions and sliced green chilies into the oil and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the onions for 2 minutes.
• Then mix once again and cook it by covering the pan.
• Then add cleaned prawns and salt as per taste into the onion mixture.
• Now add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the prawns for 2 minutes.
• Then add a tablespoon of Ginger – garlic paste into the mixture and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the prawns for 2 more minutes.
• Then add a tablespoon of red chili powder and mix it well.
• Now add enough water in order to cook the prawns further.
• Cover and cook it well for 2 minutes.
• Then add a tablespoon of Garam masala powder into the mixture and cook it well.
• Cover and cook it on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
• Then add poppy seeds paste into the prawn’s curry and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the prawns curry for 5 more minutes.
• Then add chopped coriander leaves into the curry and mix it well.
• Cover and cook for another 2 more minutes.
• Cook it till the oil oozes out from the sides and then switch off the stove.
• Then transfer the curry to a serving bowl.
Tasty and spicy Prawns curry is ready to serve now.
• Serve this Village style Prawns curry steaming hot along with the side assortment of biryani or with fried rice or you can serve this curry with plain rice
Serving size: 3 oz. (85g)
• Total fat – 1g
• Sodium – 190mg
• Potassium – 155mg
• Protein – 18g
• Vitamin A – 4%