How to Make Vegetable Egg Omlette
Veggie omlette makes a filling and nourishing meal, whether it’s for breakfast, luch or dinner. Eggs and veggies complement one another through the nutrients they provide. Eggs supply quality proteins, vitamin A, calcium and iron.
• Eggs – 3
• Onion- 1(small size and finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 2(finely chopped0
• Tomato – 1 (finely chopped into cubes)
• Capsicum – 3 tablespoons(finely chopped)
• Carrot – 3 tablespoons(finely chopped)
• Coriander leaves – 4 bunches(chopped)
• Cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Salt as per taste
• Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it.
2. Next add finely chopped onions, green chilies fry them well over medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Then add finely chopped capsicum, carrot and chopped tomatoes; fry it well so that all the ingredients mix well.
4. Now cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes over low flame until vegetables are just tender.
5. Now add salt as per taste and 1 tablespoon of red chili powder.
6. For more spiciness you can add extra red chili powder.
7. Furthermore add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ¼ Garam masala powder and mix it properly so that all the vegetables cook evenly.
8. Finally add chopped coriander leaves and cook for some time.
9. You can also add mint leaves and it’s optional.
10. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Now turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
12. In the meanwhile; take a mixing bowl and break the eggs into the bowl and check for shells.
13. Beat the eggs until frothy.
14. Add the cooked vegetables to the egg mixture and beat for another 2-3 seconds.
15. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan and heat it on medium flame.
16. Don’t let the pan turn very hot, it will brown the omlette without cooking well.
17. Pour the egg mixture and allow to cook for 2 minute or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan by covering the pan.
18. Gentle lift the edges of the omlette with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow towards the edges and cook.
19. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes by covering the panor until the center of the omlette starts to look dry.
20. Slide the omlette out of the skillet or pan onto a serving plate.
21. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy vegetable egg omlette is ready
You can have this omlette as morning breakfast
1. Total fat – 14g
2. Sodium – 94mg
3. Protein – 13g
4. Vitamin A – 7%
5. Calcium – 3%
6. Iron – 5%