How To Make Wheat Flour Bonda
Wheat flour bonda is an easiest snack which is made in less time and also instantly. It is also rich in fiber. It is also healthy for everyone. It is mostly preferred as an evening snack.
• Wheat Flour – 1 cup
• Rice Flour – ¼ cup
• Onion – 1 (Finely Chopped)
• Ginger – 1 inch piece
• Green Chili – 3
• Cumin Seeds – ¼ Teaspoon
• Cooking Soda – ¼ Teaspoon
• Oil – For Deep Fry
• Salt – As per Taste
• Butter milk – 1 Glass
• Curry Leaves – 2 Bunches (Finely Chopped)
• Coriander Leaves – Small Bunch (Finely Chopped)
1. First chop the green chilies and ginger into small pieces and take a mixer jar and grind chilies and ginger into a coarse paste.
2. Keep the grinded paste aside in a bowl.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add a cup of wheat flour and ¼ cup of rice flour.
4. Then add salt as per the taste and mix it well.
5. Now add a glass of butter milk slowly and mix it so that it will turn into batter for bonda.
6. You can also add water into the batter till it reaches the consistency for making bonda as shown in video clip.
7. It will be tasty if you prefer buttermilk.
8. Now mix the batter roundly in the bowl so that no lumps will form.
9. Now rest the batter for 2 hours.
10. If you have no time, soak it for minimum1hour so that it will get more taste.
11. Cover the batter with a lid while resting.
12. After 2 hours add finely chopped onions and coarsely grinded chili-ginger paste into the batter.
13. And also add finely chopped curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
14. Then add ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds and also add ¼ teaspoon of cooking soda in that batter.
15. Now mix all these ingredients well.
16. You can also add other grated vegetables of your choice in this bonda batter to get more taste.
17. Mostly bonda is made with maida which was not healthy so you go to wheat flour for making bondas.
18. Now mix the batter by beating it in the mixing bowl so that no lumps are formed.
19. The batter must not be more loosen or more thicken.
20. You can add water to the batter if required till it reaches the consistency for making bondas.
21. Now take a kadai and switch on the gas.
22. After kadai gets heated, pour oil into kadai for deep frying the bondas.
23. After the oil gets heated make your hands wet with water and take small amount of batter and make it in round shape and leave it in the oil.
24. Repeat the same process for remaining bondaS.
25. Cook these bondas in medium flame.
26. If you cook it in high flame, the color of the bondas will change and it will not cook properly inside.
27. If you cook in low flame bondas will absorb more oil.
28. So cook the bondas only in medium flame.
29. Fry these bondas until it turns into golden brown color.
30. Now use a drainer to take the wheat flour bondas and transfer them to a paper napkin which absorbs excess oil.
31. Repeat the same process for remaining batter.
Crispy and tasty Wheat Flour Bonda is ready..
• Serve this Wheat Flour Bonda with Tomato chutney or Groundnut chutney.
• Before frying Wheat Flour Bonda ensure that oil is sufficiently hot.
• Remember that frying as to done on medium flame to achieve that golden brown color.
Serving – 1cup(120g)
1. Calories – 104
2. Fat – 3.39g
3. Carbs – 15.54g
4. Protein – 2.68g