How To Prepare Rava Toast Recipe
Rava toast or sooji toast recipe is a quick and easy method to prepare, mostly preferred in morning breakfast or evening time snack. It is a famous Indian snack.
• Bread slices – 4
• Sooji or Semolina or Upma rava – 1 cup
• Curd – ½ cup
• Ghee – 4 table spoons
• Salt as per taste
• Green chilies – 3 (finely chopped)
• Green capsicum – 2 table spoons(finely chopped)
• Carrot – 3 table spoons(finely chopped)
• Curry leaves – 2 bunches(finely chopped)
• Coriander leaves – 4 bunches(finely chopped)
• Tomato – 1(finely chopped to small pieces)
• Yellow capsicum – 3 table spoons(finely chopped)
• Tomato ketchup – 4 table spoons
• Ginger-1/2 inch piece(finely chopped)
1. In a mixing bowl, add a cup of Sooji/semolina/upma rava , ½ cup of curd and salt as per taste.
2. Now mix it well by adding water slowly until it turns to smooth paste.
3. Now keep the bowl aside and let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
4. By letting this mixture for rest it will absorb more moisture and it becomes as a thick paste.
5. After 15 minutes add finely chopped green capsicum and yellow capsicum pieces.
6. Then add finely chopped carrot pieces and finely chopped tomato pieces.
7. And also add finely chopped green chilies and ginger pieces.
8. Then add 2 bunches of finely chopped curry leaves and 4 bunches of finely chopped coriander leaves.
9. Now mix all the ingredients well so that moisture in the vegetables will loosen the paste.
10. We can add salt if required as per your taste and keep it aside.
11. Now take bread slice in a plate and apply tomato ketchup evenly on the bread slice or else you use green chutney instead of tomato ketchup.
12. Now add the sooji and vegetable mixture on the bread slice and spread it evenly and thinly.
13. Repeat the same process for all the remaining bread slices.
14. Now take a non-stick pan and switch on the stove.
15. Apply 1 tablespoon of butter on the non-stick pan.
16. After the butter melts take a tissue paper and spread it all over the pan.
17. After the pan gets heat, toast all the bread slices with sooji vegetable mixture down side on the pan.
18. Toast all the bread slices in medium flame.
19. Now apply butter on the other side of the bread slices for getting crispiness.
20. Meanwhile you have to check whether the bread is toasted or not.
21. After toasting for 5 minutes we have to flip the bread slices to other side and let it fry for 1 minute.
22. And again we have to flip the bread slices so that sooji and vegetable mixture will be downside and let it fry until it turns to golden brown color.
23. Now take out the bread slices from the pan and put it in serving plate.
24. Repeat the same process for remaining bread slices by adjusting the flame.
25. Cut all the bread slices diagonally as shown in the video clipping.
Crispy and tasty Rava Toast is ready…
• You can prefer brown bread instead of milk bread.
• You can serve this rava toast as a breakfast or as snacks for kids.
• You can also add leafy vegetables also.
Servings – 1.0(2 slices)
1. Calories – 120
2. Total Fat – 2g
3. Total Carbs – 5g
4. Protein – 18g