When is the Right Time to Get Pregnant
Once you have decided to have a baby and waiting eagerly to get pregnant, here are some tricks and tips by which you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant after you start trying. What helps you in getting pregnant is to have sex when a woman is ovulating, maintain a balancing act between hormones, and stay healthy and fit. Following are some points to be aware to figure out the best time to conceive.
1. When is the best time to have sex?
Pregnancy usually happens when a man’s sperm fertilizes a woman’s egg. You are likely to get pregnant if you have sex within a day or so before ovulation. Ovulation is the process of releasing an egg from the ovary that is ready to be fertilized. Ovulation typically occurs about 14 days before her next period. For example, a woman with every 28-day cycle tends to ovulate on day 14 calculated from the first day of the period.
After an egg is released, it lives for 12-24 hours approximately. Best time to conceive is within this time period, an egg must be fertilized with the sperm in order to get pregnant. At this time, you must have sex for a couple of days to consider the sperms waiting in the fallopian tube to meet the egg during its release. Due to the hectic schedules of the couple, they often overlook and neglect having sex. But this is the most important tip to get pregnant.
2. Figure out when you ovulate?
To find out the best time to conceive you must figure out when you ovulate. Using ovulation kits you can pinpoint the fertile time. Monitoring cervical mucus is one more way to spot ovulation. To know when you are about to ovulate, look out for the following signs:
• Increased vaginal discharge that is wetter and like egg-white type quality which is often referred to as fertile mucus.
• Not comfortable on one side of your belly
3. Know your menstrual cycle
It is important to know your cycle to make out when you are most fertile. Ovulation prediction kits help you to know when you are most likely to be fertile. A woman finds the best time to conceive by regularly having sex that improves the quality of sperms so it is better to do so throughout the month, but the most fertile period is during ovulation.
4. Do irregular periods make it difficult to get pregnant?
Most of the women have 12 periods per year and in certain cases, some of them have fewer or some skip months and have irregular periods. The reasons might be stress, weight loss/gain, and heavy exercise cause interruptions of periods in women.
Maintain a record of your menstrual cycles for a couple of months. Example, your cycle is 28 days for the first month, 21 days for next month and 32 days for the following month. Subtract 17 from your shortest cycle period and subtract 11 from your longest period. The days in between those two is the period when you will probably be fertile hence, it is the best time to conceive. Consult your ob-gyn for irregular periods.
5. Foods that help you get pregnant faster
• Best time to conceive is when you are healthier. It is essential to have certain key nutrients such as zinc, folic acid, calcium, vitamins C and D
• Fresh fruits and vegetables are predominant foods to include in your diet.
• Foods rich in fiber helps keep the bowel movements active and flushes toxins from the body
• Dairy products rich in calcium such as milk, yogurt, eggs and also fish that generates fertility hormones must be taken.
• Nuts including almonds, walnuts which are healthy fats must be a part of your diet.
6. Finally, some important points to know in order to maximize your chances of getting pregnant.
• The most important thing to keep in mind is to keep sex fun and enjoy yourself.
• Stay fit and healthy but do not exercise too much and live a healthy lifestyle.
• Reduce alcohol. Recommended intake is one or two units, once or twice a week.
• Also, you are aware that smoking is bad for health and chances for women in getting pregnant may be affected
• Take a folic acid supplement daily.
• Don’t delay in having a baby. Fertility is at peaks in the early twenties.