How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala Gravy Curry
• Boneless Chicken – ¼ kg
• Onion -1 (finely chopped)
• Tomato -2 (cut into small pieces)
• Ginger garlic paste – 2 tea spoons
• Coriander powder – 2 tea spoons
• Cumin powder – 1 tea spoon
• Garam masala powder – 1 tea spoon
• Onion – 1 ( cut into medium size pieces cubes)
• Tomato – 1 (remove seeds and cut into medium pieces cubes)
• Curd or yogurt – 2 table spoons
• Fresh cream – 1 table spoon
• Cashew nut – 1 table spoon
• Cumin seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Cinnamon – 2
• Cloves – 4
• Cardamom – 4
• Bay leaves – 2
• Green chilli – 4 ( cut into slices)
• Red food colour – 1 pinch
• Salt – to taste
• Red chilli powder – 2 table spoons
• Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
• Lemon – half piece
• Kasoori methi – 2 table spoon
• Oil – 6 table spoon
• Coriander leaves – few bunches
Preparation of chicken tikka :
1. Take cleaned chicken into a bowl and add salt as per taste , ¼ tea spoon turmeric, 1 tea spoon coriander powder, ½ tea spoon garam masala powder , 1 table spoon kasoori methi, ½ tea spoon cumin powder, 2 table spoons curd, pinch of red food colour,1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste, 1 table spoon lemon juice. Now add onions( cut into cube shape) and tomato (cut into cube without seeds).
2. Mix all these ingredients with free hand, all spices should get mixed with chicken, tomato and onions pieces.
3. Leave it for 3 hours to marinate.
4. After 3 hours, put a pan on stove and turn on flame
5. Pan is hot now, add 2 table spoons of oil.
6. Once oil is heated, put few green chilli slices and fry them for ½ minute
7. Now add marinated chicken into pan, mix it well
8. Put a lid on pan and cook chicken for 2 minutes on a low flame.
9. After 2 minutes remove the lid, you will see water coming out of chicken. Mix it well and put back lid to cook.
10. Cook for another 5 minutes till water in the chicken get evaporated.
11. After 5 minutes you will see chicken is cooked and there is no water. Chicken should look juicy but not dry.
12. Turn off the stove and take this chicken tikka into a bowl.
Preparation of masala gravy :
1. Take a mixer jar with chopped tomato, 1 table spoon cashew nuts, few sliced green chilli.
2. Grind this mixture by adding some water into a fine paste.
3. Take this paste into a bowl, pour some water into jar and clean till there is no paste left in it. Take this water into the same bowl.
4. Now put a pan on stove. Add 3 table spoons of oil once pan is heated.
5. Oil is heated now, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves.
6. Fry these spices on a low flame.
7. Once spices are fried add ¼ spoon cumin seed, fry till you get a nice smell.
8. Now add chopped onions and remaining chilli slices into pan, mix it well and put a lid on pan.
9. Cook it for 2 minutes till onions get golden colour and then add salt as per taste, ¼ tea spoon turmeric powder and mix it well.
10. Add 1 tea spoon coriander powder,½ tea spoon cumin powder, ½ tea spoon garam masala powder , 1 table spoon red chilli powder and mix till onions get mixed with these powders.
11. In this mixture add 1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
12. Add ½ cup water and mix it well, if you add water the paste will not stick to pan.
13. Put a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
14. After 2 minutes, remove lid masala gravy will be boiling.
15. Now add tomato cashew nut paste to this gravy and stir it well.
16. Once the paste get mixed well, put a lid and cook it for 2 minutes
17. When you remove lid gravy will be boiling.
18. Add chicken tikka to gravy and mix it well till the pieces get coated with gravy.
19. You can add some water and mix it well, cook for 2 minutes.
20. After 2 minutes, remove lid gravy will be boiling. Add fresh cream or meegada, mix it well.
21. Add 1 table spoon kasoori methi powder to get flavour, mix it well.
22. Add 1 table spoon lemon juice and mix it well.
23. Add coriander and mix it well.
24. You will see oil will be releasing from gravy which means curry is ready.
Take this curry into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Tasty chicken tikka masala gravy curry will be good to have with rice or roti.