How to Make Chukka Kura Meal Maker Recipe
• Chukka kura (red sorrel ) – 4 bunches (wash neatly and finely chop it)
• Meal maker – 1 cup (soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, squeeze water and keep them aside)
• Tomato – 2 (chop into small pieces)
• Onions – 3 (finely chopped into small pieces)
• Green chillies – 6 (cut into slices)
• Oil- 2 table spoons
• Curry leaves – 2 petals (10leaves or 2 remmalu)
• Bengal gram – 1 table spoon
• Urad dal – 1 table spoon
• Cumin seeds – ¼ table spoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ table spoon
• Garlic petals – 10 (slightly smashed)
• Red chilli – 4
• Turmeric powder – pinch
• Red chilli powder – 1 table spoon
• Salt – to taste
Chukka Kura Soya Chunks Preparation Method:
1. Turn on the stove and place a pan on it.
2. Once the pan is hot add 2 table spoons oil.
3. Once oil is heated add ¼ mustard seeds, smashed garlic petals, 1 table spoon Bengal gram, 1 table spoon urad dal, ¼ tea spoon cumin seeds and fry them for 1 minute.
4. Add red chilli and curry leaves and put a lid on pan so that the oil drops doesn’t fall out.
5. After ½ minute remove the lid and fry them.
6. Now add onions and green chilli and mix well, place a lid for 2 minutes.
7. After 2 minutes remove the lid and mix the onions mixture once again, you will see onions are slightly cooked and transparent.
8. Add tomato pieces to onion mixture and mix it well, place a lid to cook them for 2 minutes.
9. Now add Red sorrel (chukka kura) into pan. You don’t need much time to cook this.
As red sorrel (chukka kura) will be sour salt and chilli powder will be required a little more than usual.
10. After adding red sorrel, put lid on pan cook it for a minute.
11. After a minute you see that the red sorrel will become near and transparent.
12. Mix this well and add meal maker, mix meal maker with red sorrel once again and place lid to cook for a minute.
13. After a minute remove the lid you see the curry boiling, add salt as per your taste, pinch of turmeric and mix curry well till salt get dissolved. Let it cook for another minute placing lid on pan.
14. Now add 1 table spoon red chilli powder mix till the chilli powder get mixed with curry.
15. Place lid on pan and let it for cook for another 2 minutes.
16. After two minutes remove the lid, curry will be cooked and the consistency will be thicker.
Turn of the stove and take the curry into a serving bowl.
Tasty Chukka kura meal maker curry is ready to serve, you can enjoy this with rice.