How To Prepare Country Chicken curry
• Country chicken – ½ kg
• Onions – 4 (finely chopped)
• Ginger – Garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
• Green chilies – 6 (sliced)
• Coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
• Cloves – 6
• Coconut – small piece
• Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon
• Cinnamon stick – 1-inch piece
• Cardamom – 2
• Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
• Coriander leaves – 1 bunch (cleaned and finely chopped)
• Oil – 6 tablespoons
• Red chili powder – 2 tablespoons
• Crystal salt to taste
• Turmeric powder – ½ tablespoon
• Pour some kerosene on the firewood stove and fire it. Place a pan on the stove and heat it.
• Now add 4 tablespoons of oil into the pan and heat it.
• Now add finely chopped onions, sliced green chilies and fry them till golden brown.
• Cook the onions on low flame.
• In the meanwhile, prepare the masala paste in kalvam.
• Add 1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamoms, a tablespoon of cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds, 6 cloves, a small piece of coconut and a tablespoon of poppy seeds into kalvam one by one and make a paste.
• You can use the mixer in order to make the masala paste.
• Now add 2 tablespoons of Ginger- Garlic pastes into the onion mixture and mix it once.
• Cover and cook the onion mixture for a minute.
• Now add fresh and cleaned country chicken, ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder and salt as per taste into the onion mixture and once again mix it well.
• Then cover and cook the chicken for 2 minutes.
• Then remove the plate and stir it once.
• Cover and cook the chicken for 10 minutes till the chicken is tender.
• Stir it continuously; see the water in the chicken oozes out.
• Cook it for another 15 minutes till the water gets evaporated and chicken gets cooked as per your wish/ liking.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of red chili powder and add water to the chicken pieces.
• Allow it cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
• Cover and Cook until the chicken becomes soft.
• Now add masala paste into the chicken and mix it well.
• Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
• Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well so that the chicken pieces can absorb the coriander flavor.
• Cover and cook for another 5 more minutes until oil separates from the chicken.
• Switch off the stove and transfer the Naatu Kodi Curry to the serving bowl.
Country Chicken Curry is ready now
Serve hot with plain white rice or with biryani or chapatti/ roti/ naan
Serving: 1 piece
• Fat – 20g
• Total carbs – 24g
• Protein – 19g