How To Prepare Coconut Jaggery laddu
Coconut jaggery laddu is very simple to make and tasty too. Some places in Andhra called this coconut jaggery as “kobbari louz” and can be prepared with either sugar or jaggery and the main ingredients used for making the laddus are coconut, jaggery, and ghee. This is sweet dessert-snack and Coconut laddus are offered as prasadam for gods during the festival seasons.
• Coconut -1
• Jaggery -1cup (grated)
• Cashew nuts – 1 tablespoon
• Cardamom powder – ½ tablespoon
• Ghee – 1 tablespoon
• Chop the coconut into small pieces and clean it with fresh water.
• In a blender, add chopped coconut and grate it. Keep it aside in a plate.
• A cup of jaggery is enough for 2 cups of coconut powder.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Now add a cup of grated jaggery and ½ cup of water and melt it on low flame.
• When the jaggery completely melts, switch off the stove.
• Filter the jaggery syrup using a strainer in order to remove the impurities.
• Now switch on the stove and heat the same thick bottom pan.
• Then pour the jaggery syrup into the pan and also add grated coconut into the pan, and boil it.
• Mix it well and adjust the flame to medium.
• Stir it continuously until the moisture evaporates.
• Then add ½ tablespoon of cardamom powder into the mixture and mix it well.
• Cardamom powder gives a nice taste and aroma to the laddus.
• Then add cashew nuts which are optional and mix it well.
• Then finally add ghee and mix it well.
• Continue to cook till all the moisture evaporates and begins to look dry.
• Then switch off the stove and transfer the coconut mixture into a bowl.
• Then grease your palms with ghee and roll the mixture into the small sized ball.
• Repeat the same process for the rest of the mixture.
• Transfer the laddus to a serving plate.
Tasty and delicious coconut jaggery laddus are ready now
Coconut jaggery laddus can be served as an evening snack and can be offered as naivedhyam for the gods during festivals.
- Adjust the jaggery quantity to suit your taste.
- These coconut jaggery laddus can be stored in an airtight container in cool and dry places and serve.
Servings: 1 laddu
- Total fat – 2g
- Cholesterol – 6mg
- Sodium – 20mg
- Potassium – 5.8mg
- Total carbs – 9g
- Dietary fiber – 0.1g
- Sugars – 9g
- Protein – 1g