How to Make Drumstick Cashew Nut Curry
Drum sticks which we use in this curry is rich in nutrition content. It is an anti-bacterial and detoxifier. It fights with cold and flu as it is a great content of vitamin C. Drum stick soup helps to recover from sore throat and cold. Its leaves are used in dealing with asthma and other respiratory system difficulties.
Drum sticks also offer strong bones and purifies blood. Juice extract of this herbal plant contains calcium, iron and vitamins which are essential for pregnant as well as feeding mothers.
• Drum sticks – 2 (cut into medium size pieces)
• Cashew nuts – ¼ cup
• Onion – 4 (chop into small pieces)
• Green chilli – 4( cut into slices)
• Cumin seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Mustard seeds – ¼ tea spoon
• Tomato – 2 (cut into small pieces)
• Salt – as per taste
• Turmeric – pinch
• Red chilli powder – 1 table spoon
• Oil – as required
• Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
• Cumin powder – ½ tea spoon
• Coriander leaves – a bunch
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
1. Place a pan on stove, turn on flame.
2. Pour 2 table spoon oil once pan is hot.
3. Oil is heated, now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and mix well for 1 minute.
4. Now add chopped onions and fry them in oil.
5. Add green chillies and mix with onions.
6. Put a lid on pan and cook onions for 2 minutes.
7. After 2 minutes onions and green chill will be tender and soft.
8. Now add salt as per taste, pinch of turmeric and mix them with onions well.
9. Put lid on pan for another 2 minutes to cook onions.
10. Now onions are cooked, add ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
11. Once it is mixed add drum sticks and stir onions once again
12. Put a lid on pan leave for 2-3 minutes to cook.
13. After 2 minutes add tomato pieces, mix well with drum sticks and onions.
14. Put a lid and cook for 2 minutes
15. Remove lid, add cashew nuts, red chilli powder and mix it well.
16. Pour 1 glass water to cook drum sticks and put a lid on it.
17. After 2 minutes curry will be boiling add coriander powder, cumin powder and coriander leaves
18. Mix them well in curry and put a lid to cook.
19. Cook for 2 -3 minutes and remove lid, water in curry will reduce and the consistency will be medium.
20. Remove lid and cook for another 2 minutes and take it into a serving bowl.
Tasty drumstick cashew nuts curry is ready to serve.