Chicken Curry Konaseema Style
• Chicken – ½ kg
• Onions – 3 (chop into small pieces)
• Green chilli – 6 (cut into slices)
• Ground nuts – 1 table spoon
• Cashew nuts – 8 nuts
• Sesame seeds – 2 table spoon
• Coriander seeds -1 table spoon
• Poppy seeds -1 table spoon
• Coconut- small pieces
• Cumin seeds – ½ table spoon
• Red chilli -5
• Garam masala powder -1 table spoon
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
• Tomato puree – ½ cup
• Cumin powder- 1 tea spoon
• Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
• Red chilli powder – 2 table spoons
• Turmeric -1/4 tea spoon
• Salt- as peer taste
• Curry leaves – 2 branches
• Coriander leaves – some
• Oil- as required
1. Put a pan on stove and turn on flame.
2. Once pan is hot, put peanuts and fry.
3. Then put coriander seeds into pan and fry for ½ minute.
4. Now add poppy seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, cashew nuts and dry roast them.
5. Fry till you get good fragrance and then add red chillies and coconut pieces and fry them.
6. Once they are fried take into a plate to cool down.
7. Grind these spices into paste, this paste is Kona Seema masala.
8. Now put a pan on stove and turn on flame.
9. Pour 2 table spoons oil.
10. Oil is hot now, add chopped onions and mix well.
11. Put green chilli slices and curry leaves. Mix well once again.
12. Put a lid on pan and fry for 3 minutes.
13. Onions are cooked and tender once you remove plate.
14. Now add ginger garlic paste, fry till there is no raw smell.
15. Now add cleaned chicken pieces and mix well with onions.
16. Put a lid and cook for 1 minute.
17. Remove plate, add salt to taste and turmeric to chicken.
18. Mix well and put a lid to cook chicken.
19. After 2 minutes remove lid, you see water came out from chicken.
20. Mix it once again and put lid back.
21. After 2-3 minutes you will see water is slightly evaporated from chicken.
22. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well.
23. Cook for another 2 minutes and then add tomato puree, konaseema masala.
24. Add some water to cook curry. Mix curry well and put a lid on pan.
If you use lid while cooking, curry will fast always.
25. After 2- 3 minutes you will see gravy will become thick.
26. Now add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mix well.
27. Cook for another 2 minutes, you will see oil is released from curry.
Tasty Kona Seema masala is ready to serve. Take curry into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.