How to Make Madatha Kaja Recipe
- Maida — 250grm
- Sugar — 600grm
- Curd — 50ml
- Melted dalda/ghee — 75grm
- Cooking soda — a pinch
- Lemon — 1
- Cardamom powder — 1table spoon
- Oil — for deep fry
- Water — 3 1/2 cups
Madatha Kaja Recipe Preparation Method:
- Take a big bowl / plate add Maida, cooking soda, curd, and melted dalda / ghee.
- Mix all these ingredients properly until the batter / mixture become soft and elastic.
- Knead the dough by adding water.
- Rest the dough for 15 minutes. [Keep it a side].
- Take another deep wider bowl / kadai to prepare caramel / sugar syrup.
- Add sugar and 3cups water in kadai, heat the syrup until sugar dissolves in water.
- Add lemon juice to prevent recrystallization.
- Add cardamom powder and mix the syrup until you get single thread consistency.
- Switch off the stove and remove kadai then keep it aside to cool.
- Take the Maida dough on to chapatti plate, Apply maida flour on plate and on dough then roll out the dough into a thin layer (thin chapati)
- Fold the chapati layer from one side to other (to make layers of kaja) to make a roll.
- Apply flour on the roll to make it non sticky to your hands and then slightly press the roll with your hand.
- Cut and remove both the ends of the roll and then cut the roll diagonally into equal pieces with knife. Press the pieces with pressing pin so that they look like kajas.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan on medium flame.
- Fry the pieces on medium flame until you get golden brown color. Turn them upside down while frying with turning spatula to evenly heat them.
- Take out the golden brown coloured kajas from the oil with skimmer spoon and directly transfer to sugar syrup which is at medium or mild temperature.
- Allow the kajas to soak in sugar syrup for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take them into a plate and tasty madatha kajas are ready to serve.