How to Make Andhra Chepala Pulusu || Fish Curry
• Fish – ½ kg
• Onions -2 (chop into small pieces)
• Ginger – 1 inch ( peel off and cut into small pieces)
• Green chillies – 6
• Tomatoes – 3 (cut into small cubes)
• Garlic – 7 petals
• Cloves – 4
• Poppy seeds – 1 table spoon
• Cumin seeds – ½ table spoon
• Coriander seeds – 1 table spoon
• Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
• Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 bunches
• Tamarind – equal to big size lemon
• Curry leaves – 2 bunches
• Salt – to taste
• Red chilli powder – 3 table spoons
• Oil – as required ( 6 table spoons )
Preparation method of Fish Curry:
1. Take cleaned tamarind into a bowl, pour water till it get dipped in water.
2. After 5 minutes smash it with free hand and take tamarind juice into separate bowl.
3. Take chopped ginger, poppy seeds, garlic, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin seeds into a mixer jar and blend it into paste.
4. You can add water while blending to get a fine paste.
5. Take this paste into a bowl.
6. Now put a pan on stove and turn on flame.
7. Once pan is heated pour 6 table spoons oil in pan.
8. Once oil is heated, add finely chopped onions and mix it well.
9. Now add green chillies and mix it well.
10. After green chillies and onions get mixed with oil add curry leaves and mix it well.
11. Now add ½ table spoon salt.
If you add salt to onions they get tender and will cook quickly.
12. Mix it well and put a lid on pan to cook for 1 minute.
13. After 1 minute remove lid and mix onions once again, by mixing onions they will cook evenly.
14. Put lid once again and adjust flame to low. Cook for 5 minutes
15. Remove lid and mix onions well, onions are cooked into golden colour.
16. Now add tomato cubes to pan and mix well.
17. Add salt as per taste, ¼ tea spoon turmeric powder and mix evenly.
18. Put lid and cook for 1 minute on high flame.
19. After 1 minute remove lid and mix well. Put lid once again, adjust flame to low and cook for 5 minutes.
20. After 5 minutes tomatoes will be cooked. Mix it once again.
21. Add masala paste to tomato mixture, mix it well. Put lid on pan and cook for 1 minute on high flame.
22. After 1 minute remove lid and mix masala paste once again, add some water and mix it well.
23. Put lid and cook for another 2 minutes.
24. After 2 minutes the water is evaporated from pan and masala mixture is cooked.
25. Add 3 table spoons red chilli powder to this mixture and mix it well.
26. Now place fish pieces one by one into pan.
Clean fish with crystal salt and vinegar or lemon juice to avoid smell.
27. Mix fish pieces well till the masala paste get mixed evenly with fishes. Mix it carefully.
Put a lid and cook for one minute.
28. After a minute pour tamarind juice and mix well, add water till fish pieces are dipped.
29. Put a lid and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes.
30. After 2 minutes curry will be boiling.
While making fish curry don’t mix hardly because fish pieces will be shamed. Only mix gravy.
31. Now add coriander leaves, mix curry once again and put lid on pan.
32. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium flame.
33. If you want gravy to be thick cook for another 5 minutes or else the curry is ready now.
Take Tasty Andhra Chepala pulusu into a serving bowl.
Chepala pulusu is one of the famous Andhra traditional recipe. Try making this delicious fish curry at home by watching Mana Vantillu