How To Prepare Onion chicken curry
Onion chicken curry is a spicy dish, which is a famous traditional recipe. Onion chicken curry is an excellent side dish for rice and roti. This curry is generally easy to make and healthy too as they need less oil and also less masala.
• Chicken – 650gm
• Onions – 3 (sliced)
• Ginger – garlic paste – 1 ½ tablespoon
• Green chilies – 4(sliced)
• Tomato – 1(chopped)
• Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
• Oil – 4 tablespoons
• Lemon – 1
• Red chili powder – 2 tablespoons
• Coriander leaves – 2 bunches
• Salt to taste
• Take a large mixing bowl, and then add cleaned chicken, salt as per taste, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of red chili powder and Ginger- garlic paste.
• Mix all the ingredients well and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
• Now take a blender and add sliced onions, grind it to a fine paste without adding water.
• Keep it aside in a plate.
• Now extract the lemon juice without seeds into a small bowl.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then add 4 tablespoons of oil and heat it.
• Now add onion paste into the oil and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the onion paste for 3 minutes on low flame.
• Then remove the lid and mix the paste once again.
• Then add salt as per taste and a pinch of turmeric powder into the paste and mix it well.
• Now add ½ teaspoon of cumin powder and a tablespoon of coriander powder into the mixture.
• Mix it well.
• Cover and cook the mixture on low flame for a minute.
• Mix it once and then add marinated chicken into the mixture.
• Mix it well and cover the pan.
• Cover and cook it on high flame for 2 minutes.
• Then remove the lid and mix it once.
• Then add sliced green chilies and chopped tomatoes into the chicken mixture and mix it well.
• Cover and cook the chicken on low flame for 5 minutes.
• Cook the chicken until it becomes soft.
• Then add half glass of water into the chicken mixture and mix it well.
• Cover and cook it for 2 more minutes on high flame.
• Then add a tablespoon of Garam Masala powder into the chicken and mix it well.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of extracted lemon juice and mix it well.
• Then add chopped coriander leaves into the chicken curry and mix it well.
• Then switch off the stove and transfer the onion chicken curry to a serving plate.
• Serve this Village style Onion Chicken steaming hot along with the side assortment of biryani or with fried rice or with roti.
Serving size: 1 serving
• Total fat – 7.9g
• Total carbs – 26.1g
• Dietary fiber – 5.2g
• Sugars – 3.3g
• Protein – 11.4g
• Vitamin A – 23.8%
• Iron – 12.1%
• Zinc – 7.9%