How to Make Bread Palak Vada
Palak vada is a lip-smacking recipe of spinach. It tastes delicious and it is very easy to make as well. It is prepared with spinach, bread, gram flour, rice flour and few more ingredients. You can serve bread palak vada as an evening snack.
• Bread slices – 6
• Spinach – 2 bunches(cleaned and finely chopped)
• Gram flour – 2tablesoons
• Rice flour – 4 tablespoons
• Chat masala powder – ½ teaspoon
• Salt as per taste
• Ginger – 1 inch piece(peeled and finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 3
• oil for deep fry
1. In a blender add peeled and chopped ginger pieces and chopped green chilies and grind to a coarse paste.
2. Keep it in a bowl.
3. In a mixing bowl, take bread slices and cut into pieces.
4. Smash all the bread pieces so that you can get bread powder.
5. Now add cleaned and finely chopped spinach, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 4 tablespoons of rice flour which is used for binding the vadas, ½ teaspoon of chat masala, the coarse paste of green chilies and ginger and salt as per taste.
6. Be careful while adding salt because the bread already has salt in it and spinach naturally contains sodium content.
7. Mix all the ingredients evenly, until combined by adding water gradually.
8. Don’t add all the water at a time.
9. Prepare it like a thick mixture.
10. Heat a wide heavy bottomed vessel with enough oil for deep frying.
11. Apply oil to your hands and make small balls out of it.
12. Take a ball and flatten it with fingers and roll out the mixture and shape it into vada.
13. Place it on a plate.
14. Repeat the same process till the rest of the mixture is done.
15. Now adjust the flame from high flame to medium flame.
16. Now slide the vadas into the hot oil.
17. Don’t crowd the vessel with too many vadas.
18. Once the vadas gets fried from beneath, flip their sides.
19. Keep flipping the sides and fry the vadas until they become golden brown in color.
20. When the vadas gets fried aptly, lift them with a slotted ladle and hold it against the pan so that the excess oil gets drained back into the pan.
21. You can use drainer also to remove the vadas from oil and place them on a paper napkin which absorbs extra oil.
22. Repeat the same process till the rest of the balls are done.
23. Transfer the fried vadas to a serving bowl.
Spicy and crispy bread palak vadas are ready.
Serve these mouth-drooling spinach and bread vadas steaming hot along with the side assortment of chilli sauce or tomato sauce or with any chutney you like.
• Before frying vadas, ensure that the oil is sufficiently hot.
• Don’t crowd the vessel with too many vadas.
• Remember the frying has to done on medium flame to achieve that golden brown.
• These bread palak vadas are high-calorie food so don’t take these vadas in high quantity.
1. Sodium – 371mg
2. Potassium – 473mg
3. Total carbs – 51g
4. Dietary fiber – 6g
5. Sugars – 8g
6. Proteins – 12g