How To Make CHAKODILU RECIPE
Chakodilu is a snack recipe which is the most favorite and like the recipe for many of us. Preparing this chakodilu takes less than 30 minutes and you can try this recipe at home and serve it. These are lovely savory munchies and make a great teatime, travel or entertaining snack.
• Maida flour – 1 cup
• Butter – 2 tablespoons
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
• Hing – 1 pinch
• Ajowan – 1 teaspoon
• Oil for deep fry
• Take a mixing bowl and add a cup of maida flour and salt as per taste and mix it well.
• Then add a teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of hing, a teaspoon of ajowan and 2 tablespoons of butter into the maida flour.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• Add water gradually and prepare the mixture as chapatti dough.
• Now the dough is ready for making chakodilu.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Pour enough oil to deep fry the chakodilu.
• Then take a small portion of the dough and make small gooseberry sized balls.
• Then roll the ball to form a strip and join the edges to form a ring.
• Make it as chakodi shape as per your choice.
• Repeat the same process with rest of the dough is dough.
• Now test the oil by dropping the small piece, if it is floating then oil is ready for frying the chakodies.
• Then start frying the chakodies.
• Drop the chakodies one by one into the oil and deep fry them till it turns golden brown.
• Turn both sides and fry them carefully under medium flame.
• Under high flame, chakodies will get dark color and won’t get fry
• Under the low flame, chakodies will absorb too much of oil quantity.
• Fry them on medium flame.
• Keep frying them till they change to golden color.
• As we added turmeric powder so we should not judge by the color.
• Fry them until oil sizzling sound stops.
• Scoop them out with a drainer and you can also notice the chakodies will make a sound when we shake the drainer.
• Place the fried chakodies on a paper napkin so that excess oil will get absorbed.
• Then finally transfer the chakodies to a serving plate.
• Before frying the chakodies, make sure that oil is sufficiently hot.
• Based on the size of the vessel, deep fry the chakodies and don’t overcrowd the vessel with too many chakodilu.
• Cool them completely before storing in an airtight metallic container.
Servings: 1 chakodi
• Total fat – 1g
• Sodium – 3mg
• Total carbs – 95g
• Dietary fiber – 3g
• Proteins – 13g
• Iron – 8%
• Calcium – 2%