Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable fried rice is a delightful dish that is extremely popular. Rice is mixed with the finely chopped vegetables like carrot, capsicum, cabbage green chilies and onions which gives a nice crunch while the soya sauce and vinegar give the rice a zingy flavor.
• Cooked rice – 2 cups
• Grated cabbage – 1 cup
• Tomato – 1 cup
• Carrot – 1(chopped into small pieces)
• Potato – 1(peeled and chopped )
• Onion – 1 (sliced)
• Green chilies – 5(sliced)
• Capsicum – 1 cup(chopped)
• Turmeric powder – 1pinch
• Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• A few Coriander leaves
• Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
• Salt as per taste
• Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
• Few cashew nuts
• Green peas – ¼ cup(soaked in water for 5 hours)
• Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
• In a pressure cooker add grated cabbage, chopped carrot and potatoes and soaked green peas.
• Add a glass of water in the pressure cooker and close the cooker.
• Allow it to cook on high pressure till the pressure is released through the whistle. After one whistle turn off the stove.
• Once the pressure is released, open the lid and transfer the cooked vegetables into a silted vessel to drain the excess water and again transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil and spread the oil all over the pan.
• Later add sliced onions and green chilies and fry it.
• Then add 1 tablespoon of ginger – garlic paste and sauté for some seconds.
• Now add chopped tomatoes and capsicum and stir fry the veggies.
• Now it’s time to add cooked veggies like grated cabbage, carrot, potato and green peas.
• Stir – fry them for 2-3 minutes and make sure that vegetables are not over cooked; they should be slightly crispy but not soft.
• Now add cashew nuts, salt as per taste and a pinch of turmeric powder and mix all together.
• Later add 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder and ½ tablespoon of red chili powder (optional) to the vegetable mixture.
• These red chili powder and pepper powder gives nice taste and spiciness to the fried rice.
• Cover and cook for a minute.
• Then add coriander leaves and stir it once.
• Finally add previously prepared steamed rice to the vegetable mixture and mix it gently under low fame.
• Do not stir too much otherwise rice grains may break.
• Now add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of soya sauce.
• Mix all the ingredients and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
• Turn off the heat and transfer the Chinese fried rice to a serving bowl.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and cashew nuts or spring onions.
Chinese fried rice is ready now
Serve hot with any Manchurian gravy or with chili sauce
• Add 1 tablespoon of oil or a few drops of lemon juice while preparing the rice to make them non-sticky and separated.
• Use basmati rice to make it more flavorful and aromatic.
• Sodium – 740mg
• Potassium – 185mg
• Total carbs – 38g
• Dietary fiber – 2g
• Sugars – 2g
• Protein – 11g
• Vitamin A- 30%
• Vitamin C – 15%
• Calcium – 30%
• Iron – 70%