How To Make Coconut Burfi
Coconut burfi is a traditional Indian sweet made with coconut and sugar. Coconut burfi can be made in two ways. The first is made with fresh coconut and the second is made with desiccated coconut. The desiccated coconut may not yield good result. You can garnish with kismis or nuts of your choice.
• Coconut – 1(chopped into small pieces)
• Sugar – 1 cup
• Ghee as needed
• Kismis as needed
• Cardamom powder – 1 tablespoon
• Peel the coconut and grate it or grind it in a blender and keep it aside in a bowl.
• A cup of sugar is enough for a cup of grated coconut.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Add 2 tablespoons of ghee and heat it.
• Now roast the kismis and keep aside in a plate.
• Now in the same pan add another 2 tablespoons of ghee and add grated coconut and mix it well.
• Fry the grated coconut under medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
• Now switch off the stove and keep it aside in a bowl.
• Now take a wide bottomed nonstick pan and heat it.
• Then add a cup of sugar and half cup of water into the pan and mix it well.
• Mix it till the sugar dissolves completely.
• Keep stirring continuously once the syrup starts boiling and allow it to simmer till the solution becomes thick and is of one string consistency.
• At this stage add fried coconut into the sugar syrup and mix it well.
• Now take a plate and grease it with ghee.
• Stir the coconut mixture often so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan or vessel.
• After a short while, the coconut mixture will start thickening well and looks like one mass and will begin to leave the sides of the pan.
• Now add 2 tablespoons of ghee to the mixture and mix it well.
• Then add 1 tablespoon of cardamom powder in to the mixture and give a quick stir.
• After some time it will form a mass without sticking.
• Then switch off the stove and transfer the coconut mixture to a greased plate and spread it evenly and level it well.
• Now cut the mixture into desired size and shape and garnish with kismis when it is still warm.
• Now transfer the coconut burfi to a serving bowl.
Tasty and delicious Coconut Burfi is ready
Taste of this romatic mixture is simply divine! Enjoy!
• Set them aside to cool completely.
• Store them in an airtight container and serve.
• Adjust sugar to suit your taste.
• Total fat – 3g
• Sodium – 11mg
• Potassium – 27mg
• Total carbs – 8g
• Sugars – 7g
• Protein – 1g
• Vitamin A – 1%
• Calcium – 3%