How To Bake Parle – G Biscuit Cake Recipe
Sponge cake is a kid friendly Indian dessert. This cake can be made easily for your kid’s birthday parties and everyone is going to love this. It is really easy and does not require any special appliances like micro wave oven. While making this cake, try to use the biggest burner on your stove, keeping at a low flame, so that the base of the vessel heats up slowly and uniformly.
• Parle –G Biscuits -250gm
• Sugar – 4 tablespoons
• Baking powder – ¼ tablespoon
• Warm milk – 250ml
• Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
• Maida – 1 tablespoon
• Melted butter – 1 tablespoon
• In a blender add some biscuits pieces and grind to a fine powder and keep it aside in a bowl.
• Grind the remaining biscuits into fine powder.
• In another blender add 4 tablespoons of sugar and grind to fine powder and keep it aside in a bowl.
• In a mixing bowl add biscuit powder and mix it well and ensure that no lumps either.
• Now add grinded sugar powder into the biscuit powder and mix it properly and ensure that no lumps are formed.
• Then add ¼ tablespoon of baking soda and mix all the ingredients evenly.
• Now add 250ml of warm milk in to the mixture and mix it well.
• Then add warm milk gradually, so that you can keep the track of the consistency and know when to stop.
• Make a smooth thick batter and add a teaspoon of vanilla essence into the batter and mix it well.
• Addition of vanilla essence to the batter gives a nice flavor to the cake.
• Keep whisking gently until no traces of biscuit powder remain.
• Whisk to a smooth batter, but don’t overdo the mixing.
• Then take a wide bottomed vessel or cooker and fill it with sand or salt and spread it all over the cooker and place it on the stove and allow it to heat for 5 minutes.
• Now cover the cooker by removing the gasket and heat it.
• Now in a cake mould add a tablespoon of ghee or melted butter and spread all over the mould.
• Then sprinkle the Maida flour in the cake mould and shake the mould gently so that the flour spreads evenly and then remove the extra flour.
• Now fill the ¾th part of the mould with the batter and gently tap the sides.
• After 5 minutes, open the cooker and then place the vessel containing the batter and cover it with a plate and bake it under low flame for about 20minutes.
• Then check if it done, insert a tooth pick or sharp knife in the center of the cake, it should come out clean or with a few cake crumbs.
• Allow it to bake for another half an hour and check it by inserting a knife in the center of the cake.
• Then switch off the stove and remove the cake mould from the cooker and let the cake become warm or cool down at room temperature then remove the cake from the vessel.
• Run a knife around the edges and gently invert the cake on a plate.
• Cut the cake after it is completely cooled. Serve it.
• Decorate the cake with cream of your choice.
• You can top it with dry fruits, cherries etc.,
• Refrigerate the leftovers.
• Total fat – 20g
• Sodium – 152mg
• Potassium – 87mg
• Total carbs -18g
• Dietary fiber – 2g
• Protein – 3g
• Vitamin A – 9%
• Calcium – 1%
• Iron – 7%