How To Make Pappu charu
• Toor dal – 1 cup
• Tamarind – 1 big lemon size
• Red chili powder – ½ tablespoon
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Oil – 1 tablespoon
• Salt as per taste
• Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Red chilies – 4
• Garlic pods – 6
• Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
• Onions – 3(small size)
• Curry leaves – 2 bunches
• Green chilies – 6(sliced)
• Few Coriander leaves
• Okra – 3
• Tomatoes – 2(chopped)
• Sweet potato – 1(small size, peeled and chopped)
• Carrot – 1 (small size, sliced)
• Boil the toor dal until tenderized and mash it into a fine paste.
• Now extract the tamarind pulp and keep it aside.
• Take a pressure cooker; add mashed toor dal, tamarind pulp and mix them well.
• Now add water as per needed and mix it well.
• Then add salt as per taste, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and ½ tablespoon of red chili powder.
• Now slice the onions on four sides.
• Then add all the vegetables one by one into the mixture and mix altogether.
• Add water as per needed.
• Now pressure cook for about 2 whistles on high flame and then switch off the stove.
• Open the lid after the complete pressure goes out from the pressure cooker.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Add a tablespoon of oil into the pan and heat it.
• Then add ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds, when mustard seeds begin to splutter, add ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds, mashed garlic pods, sliced red chilies and fry them for a minute.
• Then add curry into the tempering and cover the pan.
• Then stir it well and switch off the stove.
• Now transfer the whole tempering into the pappu charu and mix all the ingredients once.
• Let it come to boil again for 2 minutes on high flame by covering the cooker.
• Then switch off the stove and transfer the pappu charu to a serving bowl.
Tasty, spicy and delicious pappu charu is ready
• Serve this pappu charu steaming hot along with the side assortment of plain rice or with papads, omelette or with idly in the morning breakfast.
• If the pappu charu is too tangy then balance it with little bit of sugar.
• You can add Asafoetida in the tempering process.
• Total fat – 2g
• Sodium – 800mg
• Total carbs – 29g
• Protein – 9g