Work stress, family demands, skimpy sleep schedules- everyday stresses can give us all a headache every now and then.
Home remedies for headache:
- Take hand full of coriander leaves and mint leaves. Squeeze juice of both the leaves separately and apply it to your forehead and temples.
- Take equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice in a cup and mix them together, drink this once or twice.
- Take 1 tea spoon of dry ginger (sonth) and 1 table spoon water, mix the ingredients and apply paste on your forehead. If you don’t have dry ginger simply head ginger paste and then apply. Initially you might feel irritation.
- If you prone to headaches add bananas into your diet or take apply with a sprinkle of salt.
- Pomegranate juice also help to get over headaches. Apply an ice pack on your forehead and back of neck.
- With firm circular moves massage the skin between thumb and forefinger.
- Soaking your feet in hot water helps you get rid of head ache. For a severe headache add a bit hot mustard powder to water. You can also place a washcloth dipped in cold or hot water over your head for 5 minutes and repeat this several times.
- Cloves can be use to ease headache due to its cooling properties. Crush few cloves gently and put them in a handkerchief, inhale the smell to get relief from headache. You can put 2 drops of clove oil in 1 spoon of coconut oil with sea salt, massage this on your forehead and temples.
- Mix half cup of apple cider vinegar with half cup of water and boil this mixture in a covered saucepan. Take off from heat, hold a towel your head and slowly inhale the steam. This will provide instant relief from sinus headache.
- Dab a drop or two of thyme or rosemary essential oil on each temple on your forehead and rub it gently into skin then sit quietly for several minutes.
- Add 2 tea spoons of powdered cinnamon to 1 ½ cup of milk and boil it for 1- 2 minutes. Add a tea spoon of honey, mix and stir it thoroughly and drink it at least twice a day when suffering from headache.
- Lavender oil is a useful home remedy for headaches and migraines. The oil can be either inhaled or applied on your head. For inhaling, add 2-4 drops of lavender oil to 3 cups of boiling water and inhale the oil vapours.
- Make a warm soup and add some pepper in it. Warm soup will help you to get rid of nasal blockage and will cure headaches.
- Drink fresh juices and other beverages that don’t contain caffeine.
- A few simple exercises to stretch your head and neck can help reduce the intensity of the headache. Move your head upwards, downwards, left, right and bent your neck side wards towards shoulders . You can also try rotating your neck clock and anti clock wise direction.
Prevention is always better than cure.
- Following few everyday essential workouts prevents head ache.
- Physical activity like exercising and daily walk can help prevent headaches, breathing exercises in yoga and meditation to boost relaxation.
- Drink plenty of water daily, as it is important to stay hydrated especially when you are pregnant as dehydrated can be a big cause of headache.
- Eat small regular meals and make sure that you are eating healthy organic food throughout the day. This will keep your blood sugar on an even level, which can prevent headaches.