Eggless sponge cake at home without oven
Sponge cake is a kid friendly Indian dessert and easy to make a basic cake. This cake can be made easy for your kid’s birthday parties and everyone is going to love this. It is really easy and does not require any special appliances like a microwave oven. While making this cake, try to use the biggest burner on your stove, keeping a low flame, so that the base of the vessel heats up slowly and uniformly.
• Maida flour – 1cup
• Sugar – ¾th cup
• Baking soda – ½ tablespoon
• Baking powder – 1 tablespoon
• Condensed milk – 100ml
• Vanilla Essence – 1 tablespoon
• Melted butter – ¼ cup
• Milk – ¼ cup
• In a blender add ¾th cup of sugar and grind to a fine powder and keep it aside in a bowl.
• Place a mixing bowl beneath a sieve.
• Add 1 cup of Maida flour, ½ tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon baking powder and sift it once.
• Now take another mixing bowl and then add sugar powder, 100ml of condensed milk and mix it well.
• Then add melted butter and mix together.
• Now add 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence to the condensed milk paste and mix it.
• Now add the flour mixture to the above paste in 2 additions and keep whisking gently until no traces of flour remain.
• Now add the remaining flour mixture and mix it properly.
• Furthermore mix all the ingredients well by gradually adding water.
• While mixing you will come to know if the batter is going to be thick or too thin.
• Whisk to a smooth batter, but don’t overdo the mixing.
• Now take a wide bottomed vessel and grease it with butter.
• Now pour the batter in the vessel and gently tap the sides.
• Then take another wide bottomed vessel and fill ¾th part of it with sand and place it on the stove.
• Allow it heat for 15 minutes, then place the vessel containing the batter and cover it with a plate and bake it for about 1 hour.
• Then check if it done, insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake, it should come out clean or with a few cake crumbs.
• Let the cake become warm or cool down at room temperature then remove the cake gently from the vessel.
• Gently invert the cake on a plate.
• Cool completely, slice and serve.
Tasty and delicious sponge cake is ready now
• If you want you can also frost the cake with any icing of your choice.
• Refrigerate the leftovers.
• Total fat – 57.3g
• Sodium – 678.5mg
• Total carbs – 211.4g
• Protein – 31.1g
• Fiber – 0.3g
• Vitamin A – 1861.7mcg
• Vitamin C – 6.2mg
• Vitamin B1 – 2.3mg
• Vitamin B2 – 1.1mg
• Vitamin B3 – 3.1 mg
• Calcium – 706.mg
• Iron – 3.4g