How to Prepare Hyderabadi Chicken Curry Recipe
Hyderabadi chicken curry recipe is the traditional INDIAN chicken dish. It is the famous dish of Hyderabadi cuisine and best to serve with INDIAN chapatti. Let’s have a look on the Ingredients that we require for making Hyderabadi chicken curry recipe.
• Chicken – ¼ kg
• Onion – 1
• Green chilies – 4(seeded and chopped)
• Tomatoes – 2
• Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
• Ginger-Garlic paste – 1teaspoon
• Coriander leaves
• Curry leaves
• Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
• Salt as per taste
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
• Cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice
• Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
1. Cut the onion into small cubes and transfer to a blender and grind to paste and make sure that paste must be grinded unevenly and keep aside in a bowl.
2. Similarly cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and grind to smooth paste (tomato puree), and keep aside in a bowl.
3. Likewise grind the cashews by adding little bit water to make paste and keep aside.
4. Now extract the lemon juice without seeds.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a fry pan.
6. Add onion paste, sliced green chilies and cover the pan and leave to cook it for some time on low flame.
7. Stir once in a while.
8. After 2 minutes mix all the ingredients very well, now add fresh and cleaned chicken pieces stir it well.
9. Now cover the pan and leave to cook it for about 2 minutes on low flame.
10. After 2minutes remove the lid and add salt as per taste, turmeric powder (¼teaspoon) and mix it.
11. Add Ginger-Garlic paste (1 tablespoon) and mix well.
12. Cover the chicken and leave to cook it for few more minutes on low flame.
13. Now add tomato puree and sauté.
14. Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 5minutes.
15. Sauté well until the oil separates.
16. Add red chili powder (1 tablespoon), one glass of water and mix it well.
17. Again close the pan for 2minutes and then add coriander powder (1 teaspoon), black pepper powder (½ teaspoon), cumin powder (½teaspoon), stir it well.
18. Cover the pan for 3 minutes and add cashew nut paste and lemon juice extracted without seeds.
19. Mix all the ingredients very well on low flame for few seconds and cover the pan and leave to cook it for about 3 minutes.
20. When the chicken is almost done, then garnish the cooked chicken with good amount of chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
21. Finally add Garam masala powder (1teaspoon) and mix it well. Close the pan for some more minutes.
22. Sauté well until the oil separates and turn the flame off.
Hot and Spicy Hyderabadi chicken curry recipe is now ready to serve.
Serve hot with roti, chapati, paratha, naan or rice dishes.
Sugars – 4g
Protein – 24g
Vitamin A – 3%
Vitamin C – 1%
Calcium – 13%
Iron – 6%