How To Make Instant Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun is a sweet dessert which is prepared with warm milk or water. These jamuns are prepared during Diwali festival season and many other occasions like birthday parties, wedding anniversary etc. These Gulab jamuns are awesome with ice-cream.
• Gulab jamun packet – 1
• Sugar – 1 kg
• Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
• Oil for deep fry
• Water – 1 ½ liter
• Take the Gulab jamun mix in a wide plate or bowl and mix it once.
• Break the lumps while mixing.
• Now add the water gradually to make a smooth dough.
• Make sure that no lumps are formed.
• Instead of water, you can prepare the dough with warm milk.
• Now cover the dough with a plate and rest it for 5 minutes.
• In the meanwhile, switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Then add sugar (kg) and a liter of water into the pan.
• Mix it once and let it dissolve.
• Boil the sugar syrup till it turns slightly sticky.
• Then switch off the stove.
• Then add cardamom powder into the sugar syrup and mix it once. Then allow it cool.
• Now grease your palms with ghee and make small balls by rolling the dough.
• Prepare them like a small smooth and crack free balls
• Then keep it aside on a plate.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Now pour enough oil for deep fry and heat it.
• Then drop the jamun balls and stir the oil continuously without disturbing the balls.
• Adjust the flame to medium and fry the jamun balls which then turn to bigger in size.
• Slowly the color of jamuns changes to dark golden brown.
• Then scoop them using a drainer to drain the excess oil.
• Now spread a paper napkin on a plate and then transfer the jamuns into the paper napkin, it absorbs the extra oil and set it aside to cool.
• Then add jamuns into the warm sugar syrup and mix it once.
• Let the balls soak in sugar syrup for 15 minutes.
• Repeat the same process and fry them until golden brown.
• Soak them in sugar syrup. Then the jamuns become double in size.
• Now transfer the jamuns to a serving bowl.
• You can adjust the sugar quantity according to your taste.
• You can use milk as well.
• Gulab jamun balls should be crack free.
• Deep fry the balls only on medium flame.
• Sugar syrup should not be too hot and jamun balls should not be too cold.
Servings: 1 (jamun)
• Total Fat – 8g
• Sodium – 4mg
• Potassium – 105mg
• Total carbs – 17g
• Sugars – 16g
• Protein – 2g
• Vitamin A – 2%
• Vitamin C – 1%
• Calcium – 9%
• Iron – 2%