How To Make Badusha Recipe
Badusha is also known as the Balushahi recipe. This is one of the favorite sweet recipe and easy to make. Usually, it is made for Diwali festival.
• Maida – 200g
• Sugar – 500g
• Cooking soda – ¼ teaspoon
• Curd – 3 tablespoons
• Melted Dalda – 5oml
• Oil for deep fry
• Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon – ½ piece
• In a large wide vessel add 200g of Maida, ¼ teaspoon of cooking soda, 3 tablespoons of curd, 50ml of melted Dalda and ½ cup of water.
• Mix all the ingredients well and knead it into the soft dough just like chapatti dough.
• If you knead the dough hard, the badushas will not be soft. So kneading the dough is an important step.
• Rest the dough for 15 minutes and keep it covered.
• In the meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a wide bottomed vessel.
• Then add 500 – 600g of sugar into the vessel and then add 3 cups of water.
• Let it boil and form one string consistency.
• Then add lemon juice (extracted without seeds) into the sugar syrup.
• Mix it once.
• Then add cardamom powder into the sugar syrup and mix it once again.
• Then switch off the stove.
• Now divide the dough into equal lemon sized balls.
• Then take a ball and flatten it with your palm.
• Then make a dent in the center with your thumb on both sides of the dough.
• Repeat the same process for rest of the dough and Keep the badushas in a plate.
• Now switch on the stove and heat a wide bottomed pan.
• Then pour enough oil for deep fry and heat it.
• When the oil is lightly heat, slowly put the badushas into the oil and deep fry them.
• Fry them on low flame.
• Fry them till they change to golden brown color on both sides.
• Then immediately transfer the hot badhushas into the sugar syrup and let it stay for 3 minutes and then scoop them with a drainer and place it on a plate.
• Then repeat the same process till rest of the badushas are done.
• Frying should be done on low flame or in medium flame.
• Badushas can be stored for 4-5 days at room temperature.
• Don’t fry too many badushas at a time and don’t crowd the vessel.
• Total fat – 5g
• Sodium – 55mg
• Total carbs – 38g
• Sugars – 25g
• Protein – 2g