How To Make Aloo/Potato Curry
Potato/Aloo curry is one of the most famous recipes. This is the basic curry even a newbie can prepare. There are quite a number of variations while preparing the potato curry. Andhra style potato curry goes perfectly with plain white rice or chapattis or with roti’s etc. this potato curry is very easy to make.
• Potatoes – 2 (peeled, chopped and soaked in water)
• Tomatoes – 2 (chopped into small pieces)
• Onions – 3 (finely chopped)
• Green chilies – 6 (sliced)
• Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Salt as per taste
• Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
• Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Few Coriander leaves
• Switch on the stove and heat a pan.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan and heat it.
• Now add chopped onions and green chilies into the oil and mix it well.
• Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
• Stir the onions once again and add salt as per taste and a pinch of turmeric powder into the onion mixture.
• Mix altogether once and fry them
• Close the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
• Then add chopped potatoes and tomatoes into the onion mixture and mix them well.
• Now cover the pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
• Then stir it once again and add a tablespoon of Ginger- garlic paste into the potatoes mixture.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• Once again cover the pan and cook for 3 more minutes.
• Then add a tablespoon of red chili powder into the potatoes and mix it well.
• Then add a glass of water into the curry and allow it to boil.
• Now close the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Then add chopped coriander leaves into the curry, which gives a nice taste and flavor.
• Mix altogether once and cover the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes till it oozes out the oil on the sides.
• Then switch off the stove.
• Transfer the potato curry to a serving bowl.
• Garnish with some coriander leaves.
Tasty and spicy potato curry is ready
• Serve this potato curry steaming hot along with the side assortment of plain rice or with pooris or perfect with rotis too.
• You can also use boiled potatoes for the preparation of curry.
• You can add cream which gives a nice flavor and taste to the curry.
• Total fat – 9 g
• Sodium – 314 mg
• Potassium – 11 g
• Dietary fiber – 6 g
• Sugars – 1 g
• Protein – 5 g
• Vitamin A – 11%
• Vitamin C – 1%
• Calcium – 35
• Iron – 7%